Transfer Portal Thread

Bamisile's case for a waiver is just a coaching change I'm guessing? If so I can't imagine his chances of getting a waiver for that are very high.

What's Sherfield's case? Granted he must know he's going to get one to pull out of the draft.

ADHD. Home sick. GF. Uncles, brother, step moms adopted cousin needs some assistance.

Waivers + NCAA = water in the ocean.

Sounds like Rondel is a no go. I’m okay with that.

Joey Baker is interesting because he’s a really good shooter, and he’s a one year rental so you can get the young guys up to par.

Would like to see us get an athletic/physical post and a solid shooting 2 guard. Sherfield is going to create opportunities. Just need someone to knock them down.

This is weird. He was all but signed. Factual information. that guy "breaks" on twitter and all the sudden Georgia, KSU, TCU are hot and heavy after him... Most thought just a smoke screen to not ruin his day...

Since then. ICE COLD from any Rondel source I had.

Weird deal. I have no clue if OU is even chasing or moved on... Could sign tomorrow and Ill be shocked either way.

Speaking of Rondel...I keep forgetting to check TCU boards.

7 hours ago from Colin Post (TCU 247)

I’ve had two more sources tell me Rondel is coming to TCU. Expected announcement is Friday, but could happen anytime this week.

Not sure what went wrong. Recruiting, man.

This is weird. He was all but signed. Factual information. that guy "breaks" on twitter and all the sudden Georgia, KSU, TCU are hot and heavy after him... Most thought just a smoke screen to not ruin his day...

Since then. ICE COLD from any Rondel source I had.

Weird deal. I have no clue if OU is even chasing or moved on... Could sign tomorrow and Ill be shocked either way.

I hope Porter told the poke to kick rocks when he didn’t commit.

The ncaa isn’t going to stop anyone from transferring anymore. There have already been a number of multi-time transfers get cleared without any hardship attached to it.

They will stop players who are two time transfers that aren't graduate transfers, or don't have a good reason for transferring. I don't know if the NCAA views a coaching change as a good enough reason to grant a waiver. I know Iowa State's Tre King was denied a waiver to play first semester of 22-23.

I'm assuming with Sherfield his first transfer won't count as his immediately eligible transfer because he got a waiver transferring the first time. Plus he's moving closer to home being from Fort Worth. Which one of those two reasons are probably the reason he'll get a waiver.

The ncaa isn’t going to stop anyone from transferring anymore. There have already been a number of multi-time transfers get cleared without any hardship attached to it.

Just a sad deal all the way around. Apart from being a turn off to fans (at least for myself), it is a disservice to the kids as well. There is a lot of lessons to be had for sticking it out when things get rough. Struggle builds character. It just feeds into some of the issues we are seeing in society and in particular the workforce.

Bamisile's case for a waiver is just a coaching change I'm guessing? If so I can't imagine his chances of getting a waiver for that are very high.

What's Sherfield's case? Granted he must know he's going to get one to pull out of the draft.

Bamisile has lots of things going into his case for a waiver ...

They will stop players who are two time transfers that aren't graduate transfers, or don't have a good reason for transferring. I don't know if the NCAA views a coaching change as a good enough reason to grant a waiver. I know Iowa State's Tre King was denied a waiver to play first semester of 22-23.

I'm assuming with Sherfield his first transfer won't count as his immediately eligible transfer because he got a waiver transferring the first time. Plus he's moving closer to home being from Fort Worth. Which one of those two reasons are probably the reason he'll get a waiver.

the ncaa has already granted a bunch or 2 time transfers

I like dezonie a lot better than rondel. Rondel shot is broke.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/14836576/5fb7fbf7d2250e0600df02df

There are a lot of things to like about him...athletic and active for sure. Seems to have more of a spot up 3-pt shot than one of the bounce. I have seen smoother players but he is long and has some tools.....that athleticism is there for sure though.

I'd rather have an athletic big but we could do worse for sure.

It probably doesn't hurt Sherfield's case that he left WSU after one season under Marshall, who drove away the vast majority of his players by being a gigantic tool. It was just a few months after Grant left that all of Marshall's dirty laundry was aired and he was forced out. I could easily see how the NCAA could essentially view that transfer as a freebie.

The NCAA has just become toothless because of court cases or fear of them.

Combo of their top two leaders getting close to retirement, or finishing up within the next year too.

Stan said he's done after his contract. He's retiring. Plus Emmert is done next year.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1529459181559873537[/TWEET]

Back