Transfer Portal Thread

NAIA: When I click on your embedded tweet links, I am told that my computer can't find the page. Am I doing something wrong, or need to do something else to see what your linking. Thanks from a low tech guy.

Btw, thanks for the thread and work you are putting in.

Good ole Fayetteville. Man. Dennis Smith Jr was a damn stud around that area. You get to see him while coaching?

I'm not high on Baker much at all. He's a shooter, and that's it. Sure we need shooters, but I would prefer a guy like Walton where he has a few years left and Moser can try to get him to lock in on defense.

Nah but I ran into Muggsey Boggues and a couple of other guys a few times...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1529898551161106450[/TWEET]

NAIA: When I click on your embedded tweet links, I am told that my computer can't find the page. Am I doing something wrong, or need to do something else to see what your linking. Thanks from a low tech guy.

Btw, thanks for the thread and work you are putting in.

No problem on the last part.

I'm not sure why the tweets aren't showing up...work-related blocker, maybe? I'm not having any issue(s).

Yeah, Mugs still lives in Charlotte. I ran into Joel Berry just out and about around Chapel Hill a few times. I saw Sean May's fat ass downtown Charlotte getting drunk one night.

I ran into guys Like Delaney Rudd (former NBA player)
Curtis Hunter (MJ's backup at UNC.....coached against him a few times)
and a few other guys whe I was coaching in NC.

Yeah, Mugs still lives in Charlotte. I ran into Joel Berry just out and about around Chapel Hill a few times. I saw Sean May's fat ass downtown Charlotte getting drunk one night.

Sean May could flat out play back in the day! Isn’t he an assistant at UNC now? Seems to me I read that somewhere.

What kind of NIL deals is Tech offering. Probably same deals Baylor and KU were offering before NIL was legal.

...so someone else found the 5-day old Walton tweet(s) an hour after I did? What a weird coincidence. :)

Anyway, looking around at some of the boards for the other 4 schools mentioned...

Tech - If Elijah Fisher commits to Tech today as expected, a 2023 wing who's reclassifying to 2022, that will leave Tech with one scholarship left and not a lot of PT for a player surely looking for PT. I can't rule it out, duh, but it doesn't make a lot of sense, to me.

Their lineup:

PG: Harmon, Isaacs, Nadolny
SG: Williams, Washington
SF: Tyson, Fisher
PF: Obanor, Allen, Jennings
C: Aimaq, Batcho

Clemson - One of the few P5 level programs, or high majors in CBB, with worse bball coverage than OU. The best place to find info is a free board named TigerNet and there isn't much there either. No Walton updates.

But from what I can gather, they only have one spot left as well.

Memphis - Walton visited Memphis like two weeks ago. Hasn't been any substantial update since then.

Kansas State - not much

----

Looks like he's set to announce soon. I've seen next week mentioned.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Doctork24_/status/1529276748038393862?s=20&t=BH1wsLNIE-n7FGI_ahnvLw[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TransferTapes/status/1526766825865981952?s=20&t=40hdlPi2RCLiXM_Y6EgH2A[/TWEET]

Seems like Walton and the kid from St. Joes are equal to CJ Noland.

Yep must be massive NIL. No other reason to choose Tech(LOL) over those other programs. I bet Tech is as dirty or dirtier than anybody. Hope they somehow get hammered when things get straightened out.

Decided to update the front page a little. Kind of gave up on it during the "lull".

Added Kerwin Walton to HIGH PRIORITY. I might end up being wrong, it happens a lot, but I have reason to believe this could be moving in the right direction.

Moved Rondel Walker down. Feels done/over but I tend to keep names listed until they commit. Weird chit happens.

Added: Shane Dezonie (again), David N'Guessan, & Joey Baker. Might move Dezonie to HIGH PRIORITY as well. I feel like it's Walton that's moving up and Dezonie will end up elsewhere (for example, Temple)...but again, could be wrong. N'Guessan seems like a complete longshot...and Baker, no clue really.

----

Dammit:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1530155120792584194[/TWEET]

Kerwin Walton would be a massive get for the Sooners. Way better than most of the other guards we were looking at like rondel.

Is Walton to OU a reality, or just us hoping?

I am just hopeful. I have no inside knowledge.

As mentioned by others, a lot of teams are full at this point so guys like this could fall into our lap.

Back