Transfer Portal Thread

You do realize Manek is the better 3 point shooter, both by volume and %.

Manek was so under appreciated at OU. UNC fans love him…seems like half you schmucks thinks he’s worthless. Amazes me.

Yes that was the point.

6-10 with a 48 inch vertical? Dang, can he jump up and sit on the rim? I'd love to cap the roster off with an athletic, physical big. Not sure who it would be at this point, though.

6-10 with a 48 inch vertical? Dang, can he jump up and sit on the rim? I'd love to cap the roster off with an athletic, physical big. Not sure who it would be at this point, though.

Would be a hell of a defender when we're facing some solid bigs in Conference play.

Maneks numbers are considerably better than Mayer. It’s not even close.

100%. Against the same competition. Mayer's a better defender and better at getting to the bucket off the dribble. Looks flashy sometimes, but Manek's impact on winning is overall greater than Mayer's.

100%. Against the same competition. Mayer's a better defender and better at getting to the bucket off the dribble. Looks flashy sometimes, but Manek's impact on winning is overall greater than Mayer's.

Agree. And completely different style of players.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1530986106153484289[/TWEET]

I assume A&M but really don't know.

Are we done adding?

We better not be.

I think we can probably make due with the guards/wings we have, but I'm not sold on Godwin and/or Northweather being the backup 5 we need this year. Not saying Chargois was some stud, but he did have a positive impact on several games down the stretch when T. Groves struggled. Not having another option largely cuts into our margin for error at that position.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1531118302403121152?s=20&t=br3mPwoh_Etb_e7qp52QVw[/TWEET]

We better not be.

I think we can probably make due with the guards/wings we have, but I'm not sold on Godwin and/or Northweather being the backup 5 we need this year. Not saying Chargois was some stud, but he did have a positive impact on several games down the stretch when T. Groves struggled. Not having another option largely cuts into our margin for error at that position.

moser seems pretty confident in northweather

moser seems pretty confident in northweather

I'd bet a decent amount of money he isn't a good option this year. Maybe down the road, but with his body and lack of elite athleticism, from a defense and rebounding perspective he is going to have to grow A LOT to stand up to a Big 12 season.

JMO, of course.

Edit: Northweather might be more T. Groves than even T. Groves is. Meaning, I'm sure he can shoot it and score it some, but the good thing about Chargois was that he brought a little toughness and physicality. That isn't Northweather. I liked having a compliment to T. Groves as his backup, and not a duplicate.

Back