Transfer Portal Thread

I'd bet a decent amount of money he isn't a good option this year. Maybe down the road, but with his body and lack of elite athleticism, from a defense and rebounding perspective he is going to have to grow A LOT to stand up to a Big 12 season.

JMO, of course.

Edit: Northweather might be more T. Groves than even T. Groves is. Meaning, I'm sure he can shoot it and score it some, but the good thing about Chargois was that he brought a little toughness and physicality. That isn't Northweather. I liked having a compliment to T. Groves as his backup, and not a duplicate.

moser said he is a strong solid 235 currently ...

If we’re not adding anymore post players, I will be concerned. I like the guards we have. I’m not excited about our ability to rebound and defend the paint.

He’s a project. I don’t care what Moser says. This ain’t Loyola.

While i've been kind of warming up to Northweather, i've really been annoyed that Moser hasn't been able to get a more athletic specimen/banger type to compliment Tanner. I am excited about Northweather, and i'm hoping he's more than many of us think. Not trying to be dramatic at all... But right now, color me worried about big man recruiting under Moser.

I know that Moser apparently has his "type" and he loves "five-out" and skilled bigs. But man like the Del City kid right under our nose and we aren't even recruiting him? I don't know if I can take us getting our asses handed to us physically inside next year, again. You'd think Moser really would have learned after this last year, the athletic and physical mismatches we endured inside in the Big 12. I thought he'd have gone scorched earth by now and signed like 2 or 3, high profile guys to compete with Tanner, screw backing him up. But hey, if it's Godwin and Northweather, uh, ok.... Hey, guess we'll just have to wait and see!

While i've been kind of warming up to Northweather, i've really been annoyed that Moser hasn't been able to get a more athletic specimen/banger type to compliment Tanner. I am excited about Northweather, and i'm hoping he's more than many of us think. Not trying to be dramatic at all... But right now, color me worried about big man recruiting under Moser.

I know that Moser apparently has his "type" and he loves "five-out" and skilled bigs. But man like the Del City kid right under our nose and we aren't even recruiting him? I don't know if I can take us getting our asses handed to us physically inside next year, again. You'd think Moser really would have learned after this last year, the athletic and physical mismatches we endured inside in the Big 12. I thought he'd have gone scorched earth by now and signed like 2 or 3, high profile guys to compete with Tanner, screw backing him up. But hey, if it's Godwin and Northweather, uh, ok.... Hey, guess we'll just have to wait and see!

We are recruiting Garrison. Just not on the same page right now.

Well the truth is OU has had a successful basketball program for the last 40 years based upon smoke and mirrors. They stuck lightening in a bottle by getting Wayman, one of the all time great college players. Tubbs parlayed the run and gun style and being able to recruit high level juco kids into a nice run in the 90s. When that died out, OU got lucky and landed another great college coach in Kelvin who had a brand of toughman basketball that he still wins with to this day. As the fan support has dwindled, OU gets Blake that gives us a few good years. then we got another HOF in Kruger that really did a great job of making lemonade out of lemons these last 9 years.

NIL is the death of the OU program because their is such lackluster fan support, who would fundraise for a program that on a given non conference night may have an attendance of 500 people. Along with Moser’s type A personality and coaching style, it’s a recipe for a program decline. In other words, what talented player is willing to play for an anal, 50 play running, low adjusted pace system coach and not get compensated when you can go to TCU or Tech for a minimum of 20k a year.

Well the truth is OU has had a successful basketball program for the last 40 years based upon smoke and mirrors. They stuck lightening in a bottle by getting Wayman, one of the all time great college players. Tubbs parlayed the run and gun style and being able to recruit high level juco kids into a nice run in the 90s. When that died out, OU got lucky and landed another great college coach in Kelvin who had a brand of toughman basketball that he still wins with to this day. As the fan support has dwindled, OU gets Blake that gives us a few good years. then we got another HOF in Kruger that really did a great job of making lemonade out of lemons these last 9 years.

NIL is the death of the OU program because their is such lackluster fan support, who would fundraise for a program that on a given non conference night may have an attendance of 500 people. Along with Moser’s type A personality and coaching style, it’s a recipe for a program decline. In other words, what talented player is willing to play for an anal, 50 play running, low adjusted pace system coach and not get compensated when you can go to TCU or Tech for a minimum of 20k a year.

Damn, maybe we should just give up the sport altogether!

This is HOF clown worthy.

Ou program is based on smoke and mirrors! Classic!!!

You have some points in there...but... smoke and mirrors? OU basketball, a top 20 basketball program all time? The fact that many different coaches have had success at OU should ENHANCE the view of the OU program's strength.

That was a pretty far reach my man. I'm going to send you a prescription for some positive pills. HAHA. But really, come on.

It’s a money game now. Who are the OU basketball money guys? Toby Keith?

Never in the past 40 years has OU ever been worried about losing out in recruiting to TCU or Texas Tech. Now we aren’t favored to beat them out for instate players.

Last edited:

Yep, it’s all luck. Kind of like how many Buddy shot, he got lucky that the ball tended to go in more than for most players. Mike Trout is lucky, too. The ball seems to find his bat and go farther more frequently when he is hitting. Skill has nothing to do with it. Just like OU doesn’t deserve any credit for hiring good coaches, a couple of whom weren’t exactly big names when OU took a chance on them.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/RonTrimble0/status/1531431414410903552?s=20&t=-vYRMCftSNF8aH7J5IrUEQ[/TWEET]

Good get! But hope Tanner can play 35 minutes, maybe Hill as a small ball 5 for 8-10 minutes?

On paper, this is a really good looking class:

Owen - 4 star
Uzan - 4 star
Joe B - 4 star
Kerwin Walton - 4 star
Schroeder - looks like a 3/4 star prospect
Northweather - MO player of the year
Sherfield - MWC all conference (2nd or third team?)

If T groves gets injured, we are effed though.

Last edited:
On paper, this is a really good looking class:

Owen - 4 star
Uzan - 4 star
Joe B - 4 star
Kerwin Walton - 4 star
Schroeder - looks like a 3/4 star prospect
Northweather - MO player of the year
Sherfield - MWC all conference (2nd or third team?)

If T groves gets injured, we are effed though.

I could be totally wrong, but i think we have 1 scholly left? If so, i kind of wish that big Rick had stayed to use the last scholly.. we arent doing well getting big men and he certainly was big.

Back