Transfer Portal Thread

If our staff is still following new guys every day I guess that doesn't bode well for our chances with the NC guy. Screw the twitter fake that got us all excited yesterday. I thought we were supposed to get some good news in this time frame? Or was that Sherfield... Anyway, if they're at the point of going after dudes from Coppin St., just save the scholly.. We can probably get by with the guards we have..

Sherfield could’ve went anywhere. Zags don’t pay for a visit just because.

Location (kid wants to play near family) and depth (Zaga has a lot of it) saved us there. As well as timing.

Both statements can be true though. Sherfield can be a good get, and we can still have missed on A LOT of players we were interested in.

The fact that some of you refuse to ever be critical, AT ALL, of the program is maddening.

If our staff is still following new guys every day I guess that doesn't bode well for our chances with the NC guy. Screw the twitter fake that got us all excited yesterday. I thought we were supposed to get some good news in this time frame? Or was that Sherfield... Anyway, if they're at the point of going after dudes from Coppin St., just save the scholly.. We can probably get by with the guards we have..

Due diligence.

Location (kid wants to play near family) and depth (Zaga has a lot of it) saved us there. As well as timing.

Both statements can be true though. Sherfield can be a good get, and we can still have missed on A LOT of players we were interested in.

The fact that some of you refuse to ever be critical, AT ALL, of the program is maddening.

I can be critical. I’ve sent texts about the lack of commitment to Oklahoma recruiting in this state.

Frankly it’s very alarming to me. That’s my biggest knock and to me it’s huge!

I can be critical. I’ve sent texts about the lack of commitment to Oklahoma recruiting in this state.

Frankly it’s very alarming to me. That’s my biggest knock and to me it’s huge!

I agree that is mind blowing. '23 is a pretty good class in state you'd think the staff would be trying to clean up. I saw an update somebody on here provided about the kid from Ada, said he grew up an OU fan. Think we have a good chance with him? Sorry if wrong thread.

Yeah, I think we miss on Walton because of the obvious with Memphis and TT involved.

Funny, but the fact that you refuse to ever be positive, AT ALL, about the program is also maddening.

Turner was at OU for one year. He was almost exclusively a recruiter and he brought in one player, a backup (I like Chargois--I wish we had him this season, but he was not a difference maker).

I'd prefer to see some stability in the coaching staff, that's of concern to me, but this one coach? He had very little impact during his brief tenure in Norman, so take a deep breath.

It's just follows...for now. The start of communication. Sometimes it's visible to us, sometimes not at all. Sometimes it progresses, sometimes it doesn't move past follow/initial convo (assumed).

I have a reason I moved Walton up to HIGH PRIORITY...not the Top 5 list alone. But yeah, I'd probably take the field vs OU. In fact, Walton has visited Memphis and Clemson already and has plans to visit Tech. I assume the plan is to visit OU but I have no fuggin idea for sure.

With all of you guys arguing it brings up one thing about the transfer portal. It is making college sports less interesting for most fans. My boss and I are huge sports fan, he loves OSU and I love OU. We both agree our level of interest has decreased because of this.

Last edited:
Back