Transfer Portal Thread

I could be totally wrong, but i think we have 1 scholly left? If so, i kind of wish that big Rick had stayed to use the last scholly.. we arent doing well getting big men and he certainly was big.

No thanks

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/RonTrimble0/status/1531431414410903552?s=20&t=-vYRMCftSNF8aH7J5IrUEQ[/TWEET]

So what happened to his minutes last year? 13 minutes/gm... down from 21 his freshman season.

Last edited:
On paper, this is a really good looking class:

Owen - 4 star
Uzan - 4 star
Joe B - 4 star
Kerwin Walton - 4 star
Schroeder - looks like a 3/4 star prospect
Northweather - MO player of the year
Sherfield - MWC all conference (2nd or third team?)

If T groves gets injured, we are effed though.

Schroeder looks like the best freshman we signed ..

100% a troll account. I flagged it yesterday at like 7:25 pm to no avail. Twitter is useless in their policing.

Good get! But hope Tanner can play 35 minutes, maybe Hill as a small ball 5 for 8-10 minutes?

Hill as small ball 5 for 20 minutes. Tanner for 25 minutes of game action. Sprinkle in the other bits for 10 minutes or so.

It’s a money game now. Who are the OU basketball money guys? Toby Keith?

Never in the past 40 years has OU ever been worried about losing out in recruiting to TCU or Texas Tech. Now we aren’t favored to beat them out for instate players.

You really should quit posting....you have some of the worst takes on this board.

You went through a litany of of things over 30 years and said every one was "luck".....if we used that logic we could pick apart almost every program in existence. I mean, Duke obviously captured lightning in a bottle with Coach K....UNC got lucky with Dean Smith and then lucked out with Roy Williams?

I know both of those programs are better than OU but OU has had sustained success over a long period of time.....with multiple coaches....so get out of here with that.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1531677003409149952[/TWEET]

Well the truth is OU has had a successful basketball program for the last 40 years based upon smoke and mirrors. They stuck lightening in a bottle by getting Wayman, one of the all time great college players. Tubbs parlayed the run and gun style and being able to recruit high level juco kids into a nice run in the 90s. When that died out, OU got lucky and landed another great college coach in Kelvin who had a brand of toughman basketball that he still wins with to this day. As the fan support has dwindled, OU gets Blake that gives us a few good years. then we got another HOF in Kruger that really did a great job of making lemonade out of lemons these last 9 years.

NIL is the death of the OU program because their is such lackluster fan support, who would fundraise for a program that on a given non conference night may have an attendance of 500 people. Along with Moser’s type A personality and coaching style, it’s a recipe for a program decline. In other words, what talented player is willing to play for an anal, 50 play running, low adjusted pace system coach and not get compensated when you can go to TCU or Tech for a minimum of 20k a year.

40 years of Smoke and mirrors -
Lmao

Fan support in college basketball is the exception and not the norm and always has been. You could see deer running in the upper level of United Spirit Arena - before Beard and it will be that way again soon. In game attendance in CBB is not going to get better but rather keep getting worse.

You sound like a fool on this take imo.

Coaching style? lol Sampson follows the greatest show on the college hardwood and won 3 straight Big 12 titles and went to the final four. His coaching style was as boring as watching paint dry to the casual fan. And we would 3 man weave our way out of double digit leads regularly.

The OU brand will always be more powerful than most and will only be enhanced across the board with the move to the SEC. Lack of fan support won’t stop that. It hasn’t in the 40 plus years of success. We are a top 25 all time program and it ain’t from smoke and mirrors. Lol

40 years of Smoke and mirrors -
Lmao

Fan support in college basketball is the exception and not the norm and always has been. You could see deer running in the upper level of United Spirit Arena - before Beard and it will be that way again soon. In game attendance in CBB is not going to get better but rather keep getting worse.

You sound like a fool on this take imo.

Coaching style? lol Sampson follows the greatest show on the college hardwood and won 3 straight Big 12 titles and went to the final four. His coaching style was as boring as watching paint dry to the casual fan. And we would 3 man weave our way out of double digit leads regularly.

The OU brand will always be more powerful than most and will only be enhanced across the board with the move to the SEC. Lack of fan support won’t stop that. It hasn’t in the 40 plus years of success. We are a top 25 all time program and it ain’t from smoke and mirrors. Lol

I recruited engineers at Tech. Many times I would buy a ticket to a men’s BB game before Beard. You could pretty much sit anywhere you wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You do realize Texas Tec averaged 13k fans per game this year….

They're desperate to win at.... anything. Plus they went to the natty what, a couple of years ago? It'll wear off if grandma starts losing. Plus while their crowds are better than ours, i bet those aren't butts in the seats..

Back