Transfer Portal Thread

I am just hopeful. I have no inside knowledge.

As mentioned by others, a lot of teams are full at this point so guys like this could fall into our lap.

I'm down to ride that hope train too!! All Aboard!

Kerwin Walton would be a massive get for the Sooners. Way better than most of the other guards we were looking at like rondel.

That 2020 class was so ridiculous in the grand scheme for UNC. Sharpe, Kessler, Love, Puff Johnson, and Walton. 2 first rounders and 2 Final Four participants.

That 2020 class was so ridiculous in the grand scheme for UNC. Sharpe, Kessler, Love, Puff Johnson, and Walton. 2 first rounders and 2 Final Four participants.

They are never short on talent. When I was quite young (and watched sportscenter religiously), Unc used to be my “other” team when they had Vince Carter, Jamison, cota, et al.

I would love to see what Moser could do with that kind of talent!

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1530317218080235521[/TWEET]

The talk on Tech's board is...

Illinois spent a lot to get Mayer.

Tech wanted him badly and now they're likely turning their focus to Walton.

The talk on Tech's board is...

Illinois spent a lot to get Mayer.

Tech wanted him badly and now they're likely turning their focus to Walton.

I personally wouldn’t pay much for Mayer. His numbers at Baylor were average at best. He’s no Manek.

Probably going to regret this, but I don not think Hunter is as great as he’s billed to be.

Lots of people have him as the #1 portal transfer. He’s 6’0” tall and shot 27% from three. More than 3 turnovers per game and shooting less than 70% from the free throw line. Very good defender and distributor and floor general…but he shot 30% or less 8 times last year.

He’s not transformative for Texas. He and Carr both shot 39% from the floor last year…

Last edited:
I personally wouldn’t pay much for Mayer. His numbers at Baylor were average at best. He’s no Manek.

Manek wasn't good his last year at OU to basically everyone. Now he's the second coming because of how well he played at UNC. Go figure.

Manek wasn't good his last year at OU to basically everyone. Now he's the second coming because of how well he played at UNC. Go figure.

He was inconsistent his last year here because of injuries and COVID. Everyone knows how well he could have played that year.

Manek was great in the Tournament, I’d take Meyer all day. The guy impacts winning in so many ways.

Manek was great in the Tournament, I’d take Meyer all day. The guy impacts winning in so many ways.

Manek was a much better offensive player and equal at rebounding and passing/setting up teammates. Mayer's a better defender. Probably a push, but lots of arguments for Brady being the more impactful player.

Brady obviously impacted winning in a very big way at UNC.

Manek was a much better offensive player and equal at rebounding and passing/setting up teammates. Mayer's a better defender. Probably a push, but lots of arguments for Brady being the more impactful player.

Brady obviously impacted winning in a very big way at UNC.

It might be a push, I can accept that. I’m saying I’d rather have Mayer because I like tougher players with versatility.

It might be a push, I can accept that. I’m saying I’d rather have Mayer because I like tougher players with versatility.

Brady spent the majority of his career guarding big 12 centers. He was plenty tough.

Comparing Mayer and Manek is odd.

Pf/c vs wing.

Shooter/slasher vs shooter/banger

Brady spent the majority of his career guarding big 12 centers. He was plenty tough.

He couldn’t guard them, just like he couldn’t guard 4s. Comparing his toughness to Mayer’s is like comparing their 3pt abilities.

Comparing Mayer and Manek is odd.

Pf/c vs wing.

Shooter/slasher vs shooter/banger

I’d say they’re both college 4s. Yes 2 completely different players. I was saying I’d rather have a Mayer than a Manek. Personal preference.

new name for me...I wouldn't expect it to be OU.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1530630327579906049[/TWEET]

ESPN LINK

Last edited:
He couldn’t guard them, just like he couldn’t guard 4s. Comparing his toughness to Mayer’s is like comparing their 3pt abilities.

You do realize Manek is the better 3 point shooter, both by volume and %.

Manek was so under appreciated at OU. UNC fans love him…seems like half you schmucks thinks he’s worthless. Amazes me.

Back