Transfer Portal Thread

Sherfield was #4 in the nation in assists and still averaged 20 a game.. He did average over 3 turnovers per game, but averaged 6 assists per game. He takes 16 shots a game. He's a good rebounder at 4rpg... Somehow he has gone 2 entire seasons without blocking a single shot, which you would think would just happen on accident...

Overall, obviously a very good player. Surprised he wants to play in a more controlled system like Moser runs, because he seems to have a green light to do whatever he wants and has the ball in his hands constantly.

He should average 15+ points and 4+ assists per game minimum at the Big 12 level.

Here’s my lineup (barring another BIG addition):

Sherfield
Noland
Bam
Hill
T Groves

Not sure why so many on here are afraid to pencil in CJ as the other starter. He’s a great outside shooter and can get to the rim.

That’s a solid starting lineup that could see all starters averaging double digits.

Sherfield was #4 in the nation in assists and still averaged 20 a game.. He did average over 3 turnovers per game, but averaged 6 assists per game. He takes 16 shots a game. He's a good rebounder at 4rpg... Somehow he has gone 2 entire seasons without blocking a single shot, which you would think would just happen on accident...

Overall, obviously a very good player. Surprised he wants to play in a more controlled system like Moser runs, because he seems to have a green light to do whatever he wants and has the ball in his hands constantly.

He should average 15+ points and 4+ assists per game minimum at the Big 12 level.

The quality of opponents last year was pretty good too, so I don't think it's a HUGE leap to the Big 12 like it will be for Joe. A-10 was not great last year.

The quality of opponents last year was pretty good too, so I don't think it's a HUGE leap to the Big 12 like it will be for Joe. A-10 was not great last year.

Yep.... I reduced his numbers a tad because I doubt he gets that kind of utilization. But the Mountain West was good last year and he was great in that league, and he could put those numbers up with similar utilization.

Yep.... I reduced his numbers a tad because I doubt he gets that kind of utilization. But the Mountain West was good last year and he was great in that league, and he could put those numbers up with similar utilization.

And when he's not scoring well, he'll have a better quality of player to throw the ball to, so should be able to be more efficient with less usage.

They can't start both Groves. Way too many defensive issues, especially with switching picks.

Good news on Sherfield. Still hopeful we get Walker and a solid backup big that can push Tanner for minutes like Chargois did toward the end of last season.

Ideally, we won’t have to start Jacob. I’d like to have him coming off the bench. But we did start the brothers together for the final few weeks of the season, and we played our best ball down the stretch, so I don’t think it would necessarily spell doom if we have to go that route.

Ideally, we won’t have to start Jacob. I’d like to have him coming off the bench. But we did start the brothers together for the final few weeks of the season, and we played our best ball down the stretch, so I don’t think it would necessarily spell doom if we have to go that route.

Depending on the matchups, maybe, but there will be games it doesn't work.

As far as overall talent and athleticism i'm hoping either Oweh or Benji supplant JGroves in the starting lineup. Yes, I know, they're freshmen. If Groves is going to play any more meaningful minutes he needs to shoot 3s better, rebound more, and not constantly get blown by. Now, he did rebound better at the end of the year, but it was a tiny sample.

Another 2-time transfer gets a waiver. I think that's #3 or #4 so far. Bodes well for OU/Joe Bam/Sherfield.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1527388083204808707[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Kevin_McCullar/status/1527436515726573586[/TWEET]

Makes you wonder how much was orchestrated while he was still at Tech. As slimy of a cheater as Self is, would anyone put that past him?

Not a fan of transferring within the conference. Everyone should be banned from transferring to ku.

Transferring to Kansas is like buying an everything supplied safari to Africa in order to bag a trophy head for your wall. Rings are so much smaller than elephant heads you know but you can’t take a very impressive photo with your Nike sneaker on a ring.

Another 2-time transfer gets a waiver. I think that's #3 or #4 so far. Bodes well for OU/Joe Bam/Sherfield.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1527388083204808707[/TWEET]

i'll believe it when i see it...whether in football or basketball, things seem to drag on for OU

Dallas Caravan last night - Porter said they will use 4 ships for transfers. Looks like he has two already, so I wonder who the other two might be. He sounded confident. BTW, what a stud he is on the microphone. Talked about burying a teammate yesterday morning and how the entire team was there at the funeral. Wants to build these kind of "lifelong" relationships with his teams. When you pair him with Jennie and BV, it's like a motivational speech overload.

I don't think lofton if a big 12 player

He got invited to the NBA combine…. I think he is fluid enough to possibly be an NBA player with some weight loss. Can handle it and shoot it to go along with his ability around the basket. Maybe he could be like Grant Williams. Reminds me a bit of some of the bulky college Bigs that have emerged into stretch guys in the NBA.

Something to track for UGA & Rondel...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/247HSHoops/status/1526977466241363968[/TWEET]

Murphy is a 6'4 ish G and I doubt UGA plans to take him & Rondel.

Of course, I still bet Rondel ends up in Norman but it's recruiting and you know, crazy things happen.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1527783603286990848[/TWEET]

Back