Transfer Portal Thread

Doesn’t help me..lol. Kid from
Mu?

Why the big secret? Seriously… if the kid is in the database and enrolled… jeeze.

Agree, let the young man enjoy his moment. This team has
sold returnees and on paper is a better team than last year. A key is getting the variances on the 2 transfers.

Quick question about our new guy. Is he 100% healthy right now?

Good replacement for Mawein. Big body with some athelticism. Really not sure what to expect from him honestly:

I'll be frank in admitting that I'm not a big fan of commitment announcements in general. The need to be in the spotlight makes me wary of the players who place an emphasis on them.

And you can double that aversion to them when they are transfer announcements. If some of the players in this current crop of transfers decide after a year or two to change schools again, will there be more big announcements from them? For pete's sake, choose your school, settle in there, work your butt off, improve as a player, grow as a person and earn your degree. The constant seeking of a spotlight gets tiresome.

I'll be frank in admitting that I'm not a big fan of commitment announcements in general. The need to be in the spotlight makes me wary of the players who place an emphasis on them.

And you can double that aversion to them when they are transfer announcements. If some of the players in this current crop of transfers decide after a year or two to change schools again, will there be more big announcements from them? For pete's sake, choose your school, settle in there, work your butt off, improve as a player, grow as a person and earn your degree. The constant seeking of a spotlight gets tiresome.

It's just the start, unfortunately.

Yup… ah well…

The adults have taught the kids that “it’s all about me” with the social media crap, etc. Once again, the adults have failed the youth.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Yayakei26625378/status/1536115147684585475?s=20&t=i--HfWMpH3P_qcKZK7GJtQ[/TWEET]

I agree. I really don’t mind kids out of hs making their announcement. The transfer announcements annoy me, but nothing beats hs kids making announcements to what hs they’re transferring to.

he's got some size...not much experience but I guess it's like adding another "fr" to the class. I'll ask my mu buddy what he thinks.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/CBKReport/status/1536386303150985223?s=20&t=H39B5aThl47gL1y0unbz7w[/TWEET]

Nor did De'Vion Harmon.

Grant Sherfield at #4 is very encouraging!

He's going to make Jalen Hill look like a star some nights. The way hill cuts, catches, and finishes combined with Sherfield's ability to hit him on the move is going to be killer.

He's going to make Jalen Hill look like a star some nights. The way hill cuts, catches, and finishes combined with Sherfield's ability to hit him on the move is going to be killer.

No doubt. I’m looking forward to it!

For reference, I looked at Sherfield's numbers in the 3 games against common opponents to OU last year. Nevada split games against Ut St and lost to KU.

Sherfield hit 13 out of 43 from the field, including 3 of 12 from 3pt, for 44 points total. He had 14 assists, 10 turnovers and 9 rebounds.

He shot well from the line, adding 15 points.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/247HSHoops/status/1536468786014040067[/TWEET]

From what I was told, and it certainly could have been BS, OU was expecting Walton to visit. Oh well.

Back