Transfer Portal Thread

Why would he come off the bench? Who would start over him?

Agreed. As of right now, our guards are Cortes, Noland, Oweh, Uzan, Jake Moser, and Seacat. Oof.

Going to need Bamisile AND Key (please oh please).

So that's 3 portal spots with a 4th available if Gibson goes pro.

Why would he come off the bench? Who would start over him?

Should have expounded more, but that would be in the scenario we go after a couple of guards in the portal. My guess is that Porter told him he might get recruited over in the portal and potentially would have a different role, and he decided to enter the portal as a result. He doesn't seem comfortable taking a smaller role even with his limitations. Just speculation on my part..

Should have expounded more, but that would be in the scenario we go after a couple of guards in the portal. My guess is that Porter told him he might get recruited over in the portal and potentially would have a different role, and he decided to enter the portal as a result. He doesn't seem comfortable taking a smaller role even with his limitations. Just speculation on my part..

coming off of his injury he absolutely might have had to come off the bench ..

i wish him well

We gotta get those guards better than him first. And so far, that hasn't happened.

coming off of his injury he absolutely might have had to come off the bench ..

i wish him well

He'll be plenty recovered by the time bball starts back up.

He is just limited in what he can do, and with his carelessness, probably isn't a great fit for a Moser coached team.

Surprising, but I think positive. OU can absolutely find a better player in the portal, and not sure as a 5th year guy Harkless would be willing to come off the bench.

Who would you say we have a legit shot at that is better than Harkless?

Who would you say we have a legit shot at that is better than Harkless?

I think that's a very tough question to answer because there really is no way of knowing who we have a legit shot at, period, due to lack of reporting and the fact that coaches aren't going around saying who our main targets are. But I think guards with average athleticism, a below average shot, and terrible ball handling skills aren't all that tough to find. His defense is good, but Moser should be expected to get good defense out of any guard he signs, because that is supposed to be a staple of his coaching.

Yeah but Bamisile isn't going to be eligible until 2023-2024, correct?

And if Key gets better offers elsewhere then what?

there are not many schools that are better offers then OU

OU will get good players from the portal ...

Bamisile may be able to play next season

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/1513532007875330052[/TWEET]

Played at NEO and Kansas State as well.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/A10Talk/status/1513541153035018245?s=20&t=94eK-EN-G_Zi469V_WZXug[/TWEET]

there are not many schools that are better offers then OU

OU will get good players from the portal ...

Bamisile may be able to play next season

1. To you. Could be a lot different to the players.
2. Okay. You say so. I thought so last year.
3. And he may return to GW for all we know. Sounds like he didn't get good news from the NCAA.

Bottom line is that we need two guards who can start and a big man in the portal. Preferably some guards who can shoot.

I heard that Mo may be leaning towards coming back. Still working thru the process, but that would certainly help.

At this point.. my hope is Gibson comes back and we land 1 legit guard that can play. Than you run the young pgs, Gibson, Noland and a transfer.. Plus possibly Groves on the wing as back up. Get one big as well in transfer portal.. But I feel like we are in the danger zone at this point. We may be quite a bit worse next year if Porter doesn't land someone soon that can play.

I have no idea what to think of the Bamisile announcement. Gut says he's staying put after conversations with their new HC, Caputo. Or it could be a top list.

The kid doesn't have a twitter. He doesn't follow anyone on IG. There are no hints. The GW message board I just read has no relevant info. They don't know either.

All we really know about is a planned visit to OU at this point.

Edit: he committed, obviously.

Last edited:
Back