Transfer Portal Thread

Soo…what are Bamisile’s chances at getting the NCAA waiver? 50%? Better? Worse?

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1513871909674487808[/TWEET]

Pure guess from me, 75%.

He expects to play immediately and that leads me to think he/the coaches know their odds are high.

Anybody that gives you an answer to this question is guessing. Nobody here has any idea what the NCAA is going to do/decide. Still pretty new with situations like this after the new "free transfer" rule.

Anybody that gives you an answer to this question is guessing. Nobody here has any idea what the NCAA is going to do/decide. Still pretty new with situations like this after the new "free transfer" rule.

i don't think it is a 50/50 guess .....

with an educated guess i believe he will get the waiver .. BobP by the way agrees ..

i don't think it is a 50/50 guess .....

with an educated guess i believe he will get the waiver .. BobP by the way agrees ..

BobP doesn't work for the NCAA either. There is literally no (or VERY limited) examples of this type of transfer over the last 12 months or so. Maybe he gets it. But he shouldn't. Somebody insinuated there was some personal aspect to his transfer. Tell me how a kid from VA, that was in school at GW, transferring to a school in Oklahoma, helps that situation?

BobP doesn't work for the NCAA either. There is literally no (or VERY limited) examples of this type of transfer over the last 12 months or so. Maybe he gets it. But he shouldn't. Somebody insinuated there was some personal aspect to his transfer. Tell me how a kid from VA, that was in school at GW, transferring to a school in Oklahoma, helps that situation?

there are circumstances with his transfer that i am not comfortable getting into ..

He really, really, hates DC so that's telling within itself.

His entire coaching staff was fired, as well.

Do you work for the NCAA? If not, perhaps you, too, don't have enough info to opine on whether he "should" get a waiver.

His entire coaching staff was fired, as well.

Show me a rule that states "if your coaching staff leaves, you get to transfer for free?"

That is the type of situation the "free transfer" was supposed to take care of. If it happens to you twice, or after your free transfer is already used, it should be a tough luck type of deal.

Same people on this board crying about how the Portal is ruining the game, want to ignore it when it comes to a player coming to OU.

I don't know if he'll be eligible next season or not. I'm just saying he shouldn't be. Won't hurt the kid to sit out a year. Otherwise, might as well open things up and just allow free transferring every year that a player wants.

I don't know if he'll be eligible next season or not. I'm just saying he shouldn't be. Won't hurt the kid to sit out a year. Otherwise, might as well open things up and just allow free transferring every year that a player wants.

i pretty much agree with this .... I am not saying he "should be eligible" but i think he will be eligible ..

OT, for whatever reason, I ended up listening to OUI's (247) latest youtube.

They need to stay away from basketball coverage. They really don't know what's going on.

Show me a rule that states "if your coaching staff leaves, you get to transfer for free?"

That is the type of situation the "free transfer" was supposed to take care of. If it happens to you twice, or after your free transfer is already used, it should be a tough luck type of deal.

Same people on this board crying about how the Portal is ruining the game, want to ignore it when it comes to a player coming to OU.

Here’s a quote from someone you should know fairly well:

Nobody here has any idea what the NCAA is going to do/decide

I read on another board there is a personal matter that could change the circumstances surrounding this transfer. I don’t have a clue what that means, but the NCAA is sometimes sensitive to the personal needs of student athletes. It might be best if you take your own advice and let this play out.

I read on another board there is a personal matter that could change the circumstances surrounding this transfer. I don’t have a clue what that means, but the NCAA is sometimes sensitive to the personal needs of student athletes. It might be best if you take your own advice and let this play out.

I doubt it would matter to me.

The only place I would maybe draw the line is if the kid has a parent, sibling, or maybe a grandparent that gets really sick, AND THE KID TRANSFERS HOME.

The rest of it, sit out your year.

I doubt it would matter to me.

The only place I would maybe draw the line is if the kid has a parent, sibling, or maybe a grandparent that gets really sick, AND THE KID TRANSFERS HOME.

The rest of it, sit out your year.

Of if he were going to play for Kelvin, Kellen, Hollis, and Quannas.

Back