Transfer Portal Thread

haven't watched it yet

Sounds like Maryland is in the driver's seat. Has an official visit set there and went to prep school in Maryland.

TCU, Oklahoma, and Tulsa were the other teams he mentioned he was talking to. Wants to get out of the Pittsburgh area.

Sounds like Maryland is in the driver's seat. Has an official visit set there and went to prep school in Maryland.

TCU, Oklahoma, and Tulsa were the other teams he mentioned he was talking to. Wants to get out of the Pittsburgh area.

Thanks. I'd guess a lot depends on Key. If OU misses, they'll go harder after a kid like Spears, maybe.

Why? They are putting a really good product on the floor and getting support. Two things OU hasn't been doing.

Watch yourself WTSooner... OU is the best basketball program in the country. Known fact.

Supposedly, there's some NIL stuff brewing with the Native Americans where B-Ball players could get up to $5,000 a month. We'll see if it comes to fruition. I know football has something coming. Hoping B-Ball is looped in.

If the Native Americans are taking the lead in making NIL $ available, it has a great chance to be successful. The Chickasaws are headquartered here. They’re very resourceful people. Money is not a problem for them.

I hope you’re right. Where did you hear that?

If the Native Americans are taking the lead in making NIL $ available, it has a great chance to be successful. The Chickasaws are headquartered here. They’re very resourceful people. Money is not a problem for them.

I heard a rumor about the tribes, not necessarily only the Chickasaws, several months ago.

Eh. They're paying players simple as that. Texas Tech is getting some of the best of the best out there transfer wise. Not because of their institution, or great basketball standing. Their coach either. Guy just started coaching as an HC for the first time this year.

I’m told basketball is reaching out to some former OU people to connect with NIL resources.

It’s a shame if the efforts to generate NIL money are in their early stages. The proactive programs that had things in place shortly after the rule was implemented have a huge advantage. Word in Wichita is that a lot of people are upset at their AD for not being more on top of this. People feel like that is a big reason they’ve lost so many guys to the portal this offseason.

Just because the general public hasn't heard about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/NijelPack24/status/1517578957943676935[/TWEET]

Purdue, I assume.

Just because the general public hasn't heard about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

If it were happening in tangible ways, we would know. I just read a long article about how KU immediately positioned itself to get players NIL money through a licensing agreement with a company that sells shirts with players’ images on them. They sell them in the Fieldhouse and have shirts with every player on the men’s and women’s team. Has OU even done something like that?

It's all over the place. Lehman confirmed it on his show last night that they're chipping in for football. $72K per year, around $6K for good academic standing. Basketball has been rumored into it as well. $5K for basketball, supposedly. But we'll see if that's true.

Spring game would be a great time to announce it...

https://www.1oklahoma.com/our-partners

Found the website.

A group of Oklahoma businessmen, community leaders, alumni, and leaders in the faith-based community have partnered alongside Hall of Fame Coach Barry Switzer to form a one-of-a-kind NIL collective doing business as 1Oklahoma Foundation. 1Oklahoma Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to collaborating with and serving some of the most impactful non-profits throughout the state of Oklahoma through the Name, Image, and Likeness of OU athletes. 1Oklahoma Collective will deliver one of the most comprehensive and impactful NIL offerings in the country.

1Oklahoma Foundation Athletes will have the opportunity to earn NIL Revenue while contributing to the greater good of their community. This impact will come via partnerships with 1Oklahoma partner non-profits in various communities throughout Oklahoma. The spirit of making a difference aligns with the high standards for student-athletes set forth by the OU athletic programs. It aligns with the statewide "Oklahoma Standard" initiative of preserving and promoting a culture of citizens making a difference through Acts of Service. 1Oklahoma Foundation is excited to partner with OU athletes from the Football, Men's Basketball, and Softball Programs.”

Looks like Basketball is involved. Good news. Great news in fact. There ya go homies. :chestram2:

Switzer-collective.jpg

Back