Transfer Portal Thread

If we get this guy you can forget everything I said yesterday. He would make everyone better right away.

Nijel Pack making $800k and a car to go to Miami.... someone has to explain the economics of that to me.

Sherfield has declared for the draft, right? Would his commitment to us be pending his draft results?

Also, as much as there is to like about him (I'm going just by his stats; I've not seen him play), he seems to have an issue with turnovers--96 in 1000 minutes of action last season. Harkless, who has been singled out as our worst offender in this area last season, had 56 in 753 minutes, so Sherfield's turnover rate was significantly higher than Harkless'.

I'm not comparing the two players otherwise; it's just that Sherfield's turnovers leapt out at me, given the team's issues last season. I'll admit I'm bordering on being a one-issue voter this off-season; we HAVE to cut down on our turnovers next season.

Sherfield has declared for the draft, right? Would his commitment to us be pending his draft results?

Also, as much as there is to like about him (I'm going just by his stats; I've not seen him play), he seems to have an issue with turnovers--96 in 1000 minutes of action last season. Harkless, who has been singled out as our worst offender in this area last season, had 56 in 753 minutes, so Sherfield's turnover rate was significantly higher than Harkless'.

I'm not comparing the two players otherwise; it's just that Sherfield's turnovers leapt out at me, given the team's issues last season. I'll admit I'm bordering on being a one-issue voter this off-season; we HAVE to cut down on our turnovers next season.

Cortes had more TO's per minute.

Sherfield is also a PG/Combo guard. Much needed.

It's a valid concern. Given his assist numbers and shot attempts, I'm guessing he had the ball in his hands ALL the time, and was asked to do a lot. Hopefully with a lower usage rate, he can decrease the turnovers some. But at this point, I'm not sure we're in on any better options, so turnovers or not, he's a need.

Would love to see:

Sherfield
Mo Gibson
Basmile
Hill
T. Groves

That's a pretty significant upgrade at two guard spots IMO. Hopefully T. Groves puts in the work this offseason, and knows what he needs to work on after a season of Big 12 play.

Cortes had more TO's per minute.

Sherfield is also a PG/Combo guard. Much needed.

Sherfield’s turnover total # has more to do with usage rate. He was primary ball handler and primary scorer. Played 36 minutes per game and handled the ball on most possessions.

Throw in thad Nevada was in the top 40 tempo-wise, and OU was in the bottom 75. It’s hard to compare total turnovers in an apples to apples way.

Have to hope that both Bamisile and Sherfied could get waivers. Bamisile’s situation is more cut and dry.

Have to hope that both Bamisile and Sherfied could get waivers. Bamisile’s situation is more cut and dry.

My limited understanding is the current rule started in 21, Sherfields 1st transfer was before that. I do not know if that matters.

My limited understanding is the current rule started in 21, Sherfields 1st transfer was before that. I do not know if that matters.

I just read an article from a Nevada newspaper when he announced he was entering the portal and it said he would need the waiver. Fingers crossed he and Joe both get it.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1518337108502589442[/TWEET]

I guess the rumors of Tyrese Hunter (IAST) to UNC were false. Ah, the internet.

Norweather was on campus this weekend. Offered.

Saw that. Interesting. Figured when his mom (Joy) & his dad (Sean) both followed Moser & OU basketball, things were really heating up.

I wonder if OU plans to take the transfer brother - Eric. Averaged around 10 ppg at the D2 level - 6'10.

Is it me, or does it seem that Moser and co are having a pretty difficult time recruiting bigs? So OU offered and his other offer is.... Wyoming!

Is it me, or does it seem that Moser and co are having a pretty difficult time recruiting bigs? So OU offered and his other offer is.... Wyoming!

Wisconsin is big on him right now, and they have great luck with skilled bigs. Missouri player of the year…

Bigs are hard to find. I think tanner at 5 and hill at the 4 not a lot of minutes to be had. Kids see that.

Have another year to get someone to replace tanner.

Scoring guards are more important right now.

Saw that. Interesting. Figured when his mom (Joy) & his dad (Sean) both followed Moser & OU basketball, things were really heating up.

I wonder if OU plans to take the transfer brother - Eric. Averaged around 10 ppg at the D2 level - 6'10.

Wiscy visit tomorrow.

Back