Transfer Portal Thread

On the list I think (not updating it as much as I was)...but I know I mentioned him

Edit: yes, he's on the first page.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/SeanPaulCBB/status/1519025946820370432[/TWEET]

On the list I think (not updating it as much as I was)...but I know I mentioned him

I like him a lot. Video looks good. Played well against good competition. Big body, but nimble and guards well in space. REALLY good rebounder. Solid all around game. Not the size we probably want, but checks a lot of boxes.

Sherfield
Allick
Bamisile
Godwin

Need one more big ... if we lose a guard, then will need one more guard.

thanks again for keeping this going .. it is a great feature ..

Well, damn. I know Gonzaga likes their young Gs - Hickman, Sallis, & Harris - but obviously, Sherfield would be an instant impact starter.

-----

Rumors of Harmon leaving are/were true.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/status/1519052830929305606[/TWEET]

Well, damn. I know Gonzaga likes their young Gs - Hickman, Sallis, & Harris - but obviously, Sherfield would be an instant impact starter.

-----

Not going to happen, but would he be allowed to return here?

-----

I don't want to be too tough on Harmon, but it sure seems like he just has a very different view of himself than how others see him. If he truly viewed himself as a guy who would be ready for the NBA after a year or two, he was obviously mistaken. The odds of him ever playing in the NBA are slim unless he drastically improves. I presume he is looking yet again for a place where he can come in and be THE MAN at point.

I don't want to be too tough on Harmon, but it sure seems like he just has a very different view of himself than how others see him. If he truly viewed himself as a guy who would be ready for the NBA after a year or two, he was obviously mistaken. The odds of him ever playing in the NBA are slim unless he drastically improves. I presume he is looking yet again for a place where he can come in and be THE MAN at point.

I'm not sure this is his doing...at least completely. He was essentially the same player at Oregon that he was at OU (slightly better 3P shooter but assists and scoring down slightly). Oregon went out and signed/got two PG types - Dior Johnson & Brennan Rigsby (OU offered). Harmon was probably about to lose a lot of minutes and chose to find a new program that could use him. And Crutchfield leaving likely played a major role.

Losing Gibson AND Sherfield going to Gonzaga would be quite a one-two nut punch.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/CJMooreHoops/status/1519060963709886464[/TWEET]

I'm not sure this is his doing...at least completely. He was essentially the same player at Oregon that he was at OU (slightly better 3P shooter but assists and scoring down slightly). Oregon went out and signed/got two PG types - Dior Johnson & Brennan Rigsby (OU offered). Harmon was probably about to lose a lot of minutes and chose to find a new program that could use him. And Crutchfield leaving likely played a major role.

Fair point. Although if he had stayed in Norman, he almost certainly would have been our starting point guard and played a major role last year, but for whatever reason, he thought he would be better off elsewhere.

He should have stayed at OU. He gained nothing by leaving and is now scrambling to find a new place to play. Though I'm not sure OU would have been significantly better if he'd stayed. If Goldwire would still have signed with us, I think we would have been, with those two as our primary PGs, but surely Goldwire would have gone elsewhere.

He should have stayed at OU. He gained nothing by leaving and is now scrambling to find a new place to play. Though I'm not sure OU would have been significantly better if he'd stayed. If Goldwire would still have signed with us, I think we would have been, with those two as our primary PGs, but surely Goldwire would have gone elsewhere.

I agree. And from what we got from Goldwire, Harmon most likely would have been much more productive than Goldwire offensively, and despite what we were led to believe about Goldwire's defensive abilities, DH wouldn't have been a disastrous downgrade for us defensively.

And I posted this on TOS, but this is what is crazy about Harmon. He was a top 45 recruit out of HS, and only behind PGs like LaMelo Ball, Cole Anthony, Tre Mann, and Tyrese Maxey. Now he can't seem to find a home and entering his 4th year of college, while the other PGs in his class are hooping it up in the NBA. At some point, it's pretty obvious when a player seems to be looking for more of a handout or easy ride than working his arse off to be the best.

It tells you 3 things- one, how unreliable recruiting rankings can be, two, his lack of development was not Lon's fault, and three, how crazy college sports has become in 2022 where a guy can hop from school to school looking for more PT and a better $$ deal.

IDK how much more money the David family or Cody Campbell has to give TTU, but obviously the bball program is finding money to get players to Lubbock TX.

I agree. And from what we got from Goldwire, Harmon most likely would have been much more productive than Goldwire offensively, and despite what we were led to believe about Goldwire's defensive abilities, DH wouldn't have been a disastrous downgrade for us defensively.

And I posted this on TOS, but this is what is crazy about Harmon. He was a top 45 recruit out of HS, and only behind PGs like LaMelo Ball, Cole Anthony, Tre Mann, and Tyrese Maxey. Now he can't seem to find a home and entering his 4th year of college, while the other PGs in his class are hooping it up in the NBA. At some point, it's pretty obvious when a player seems to be looking for more of a handout or easy ride than working his arse off to be the best.

It tells you 3 things- one, how unreliable recruiting rankings can be, two, his lack of development was not Lon's fault, and three, how crazy college sports has become in 2022 where a guy can hop from school to school looking for more PT and a better $$ deal.

IDK how much more money the David family or Cody Campbell has to give TTU, but obviously the bball program is finding money to get players to Lubbock TX.

Harmon just doesn’t have the skills and/or athletic ability of the guys who made it to the NBA. Guys his size either need to be freak athletes, or be elite shooters, passers, or handlers to make the NBA. He just doesn’t fit the bill.

Harmon just doesn’t have the skills and/or athletic ability of the guys who made it to the NBA. Guys his size either need to be freak athletes, or be elite shooters, passers, or handlers to make the NBA. He just doesn’t fit the bill.

He sure was led to believe he did though. I remember an interview with him after he signed with OU but before arrived in Norman in which he made it clear he thought he had a legit shot at one-and-done. He didn't guarantee it, but he put it out there. I think he truly thought he was going to follow in Trae's footsteps. The line between self-confidence and self-delusion can be very thin -- and I don't mean that snidely, if it sounds that way. I think young athletes sometimes get pumped up by their handlers, coaches, family and fans, and there's too often no one to make sure their feet are on the ground as they reach for the stars, to quote that hoops genius Casey Kasem.

I don't know about others, but your honesty on the matter is a breath of fresh air.

Back