Transfer Portal Thread

I dont know what parents, uncles, players etc read here but Ill be a little more open.

Ive been getting mixed signals from different sides on Moja.

Bad news I hinted was Moja going to the portal, because of Grant possibly silent committing over the weekend. then 12 hours later, I receive a DM saying Moja wants Grant to be a sooner and team up together.

Both these sources I trust 100%. I guess we'll know soon.

Grant visiting Gonzaga was the hold up.

Thanks for the info as always, Coach!

This offense uses multiple ball handling guards at the same time. There is plenty of pg duties to go around for Gibson.

This offense uses multiple ball handling guards at the same time. There is plenty of pg duties to go around for Gibson.

Yep. Plus, Mo should look at this season and see what a struggle it was to play on a team that lacked any other legit scorers in the backcourt. If he has more talented guys around him, it will only help his offensive game because teams won't be able to make him the sole focus of their perimeter defense.

Not to mention that the potential portal transfer isn't assured of getting his waiver. Mo may well never play with the guy.

I dont know what parents, uncles, players etc read here but Ill be a little more open.

Bad news I hinted was Moja going to the portal, because of Grant possibly silent committing over the weekend. then 12 hours later, I receive a DM saying Moja wants Grant to be a sooner and team up together.

thanks Coach

Bob just posted his breakdown on SS. Because some of the people over there couldn't put two and two together. Sad.

Thanks, Coach! I, for one, don’t let you know nearly often enough how much you’re appreciated!!!

If there is any way we can get Sherfield away from Gonzaga and Gibson back (and some waivers approved) so that our lineup looks like this:

Sherfield / Uzan
Gibson / Noland
Bamisile / Oweh
Hill / J Groves / Schroeder
Groves / TRANSFER / Godwin

Cortes
TRANSFER or high school prospect

The upgrade in offense, athleticism, and general basketball skill at the 1-4 spots (and no loss in overall team defense) puts us in a top 15 discussion, assuming we can get one more impact player in the post.

To me, I'm interested to see if CJ can take that 6th man role and expand his game. Really excited about what he can do as an upperclassmen. He'll have all the opportunities for open shots with this guard lineup this year too...

Bob just posted his breakdown on SS. Because some of the people over there couldn't put two and two together. Sad.

The message over there was FAR from clear. For some reason, they feel the need to not simply name names.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate how quiet Grant Sherfield is keeping his recruitment overall. As a fan, not so much, but it shows a lot of maturity as a player and a person.

Last edited:
I appreciate how quiet Grant Sherfield is keeping his recruitment overall. As a fan, not so much, but it shows a lot of maturity as a player and a person.

If we can reel him in, wow! Arguably the top guard in the portal rn.

I just dont know which way to believe. I want to think Moj knows he needs Grant to win big games! Stat hunting isnt what I thought Moja was about.

I just dont know which way to believe. I want to think Moj knows he needs Grant to win big games! Stat hunting isnt what I thought Moja was about.

We just need one of them to be competitive. Can't mess around too long with either.

Last edited:
Update from about an hour ago on Northweather:

https://247sports.com/college/wisco...nal-three-previews-Wisconsin-visit-186823568/

Brief summation:

Liked his OU visit, always wanted to play at Mizzou, and likes what Wisconsins does with their bigs.

Plans to commit about 3 days post-Wisconsin visit. About a week from now.

https://krcgtv.com/sports/high-school/northweather-named-mr-show-me-basketball

I can see why Wisconsin likes him. Really skilled for his size...Great form on his jump shot, can handle the ball well. Hope we can land the kid. Will need to get in the weight room but I see him somewhere between the two Groves brothers.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1519390326523416577[/TWEET]

Back