Transfer Portal Thread

the "portal " didn't really change anything ..... the free transfers and basically unlimited waivers and NIL.. on the other hand

I agree the free transfers is the biggest reason things are how they are currently, but the Portal helped. It gave transferring a process. It also gave kids a way to communicate to the college bball world that they are open to leaving/transferring that didn't previously exist.

I think the Portal itself would likely be fine if the one free transfer (that appears to be turning into multiple free transfers) were reigned in a bit. But it's definitely made transferring "easier."

Isn't Gibson from Waco or the area? Baylor makes sense if he wants to be home/win.. not sure about playing 35 min a game there though. If he stays at OU he plays all game basically and has the green light. Hope he stays.

See Mr. Talk. When said person is rude to me, I'm going to be rude back. OU_chuck has said I was negative over and over again. Followed me around, attacked me, and then decided to not take his L when he was REALLY wrong. Therefore, someone has to call him out. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. And the guy on here called me a Prick. I guess that's okay to you? See that's not how life works. I appreciate your candor. Have a good day.

You must be a blast to hang around at parties.

Isn't Gibson from Waco or the area? Baylor makes sense if he wants to be home/win.. not sure about playing 35 min a game there though. If he stays at OU he plays all game basically and has the green light. Hope he stays.

Yes, from Waco. Played at University HS if I remembering right.

I agree there. Baylor seems like an odd match. Would Drew really allow Mo to play a de-facto PG role? Not doubting Coach's info (I wouldn't do that)...just isn't something I see happening.

KSU makes a ton of sense to me, but it's early. They need someone to replace some of Pack's production and they haven't really added anything special just yet.

Agree with what you said.

Coaches lie to get them on campus. Then once you’re there… you play 2 guard after “trying” to be PG.

From Waco. That’s home.

Facing these guys in conference after being a part of your team(family)... is really messed up.

Facing these guys in conference after being a part of your team(family)... is really messed up.

Yep. If they have to leave, i'd MUCH rather they go to another conference.

And I'd forgotten that Mo was from Waco. Makes a bit more sense now.

I agree there. Baylor seems like an odd match. Would Drew really allow Mo to play a de-facto PG role? Not doubting Coach's info (I wouldn't do that)...just isn't something I see happening.

KSU makes a ton of sense to me, but it's early. They need someone to replace some of Pack's production and they haven't really added anything special just yet.

Forgive me if I’m forgetting something, which is entirely possible. I know we have discussed Mo playing point a lot, but has it been confirmed by Mo or any of our inside sources that that is something that he is focused on? If he truly wants to be the unquestioned point guard, that’ll clearly limit his options. If he is willing to be a combo guard who spends some time on the ball and some time off, he will have a much better chance at getting picked up by high level programs. I still hope he comes back to team up with Joe and hopefully Sherfield.

Forgive me if I’m forgetting something, which is entirely possible. I know we have discussed Mo playing point a lot, but has it been confirmed by Mo or any of our inside sources that that is something that he is focused on? If he truly wants to be the unquestioned point guard, that’ll clearly limit his options. If he is willing to be a combo guard who spends some time on the ball and some time off, he will have a much better chance at getting picked up by high level programs. I still hope he comes back to team up with Joe and hopefully Sherfield.

Being PG is the only issue.

Being PG is the only issue.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I view him as a capable ball handler but definitely not a point guard on a national title contender, so I can’t imagine him actually getting to play that role at Baylor.

Personally, I'm tired of going .500 or worse in conference play. Two years of Gibson is plenty for me. Let the infusion of talent continue!

So coach, have you heard anything more on Sherfield after his visit with the zags?

when he came to OU originally from UNT it was to be a PG

Personally, I'm tired of going .500 or worse in conference play. Two years of Gibson is plenty for me. Let the infusion of talent continue!

I agree however, i'm not positive we are getting an infusion of talent

We are wanting dr. pepper but trading dr. shasta for dr. thunder

Have not.

Close to the vest.

It would be tough to beat them out if the Zags offer him. We may have tp hope Hunter chooses Gonzaga, but his visit isn't till next weekend, so I worry that Sherfield will go ahead and commit to beat him to the punch.

It would be tough to beat them out if the Zags offer him. We may have tp hope Hunter chooses Gonzaga, but his visit isn't till next weekend, so I worry that Sherfield will go ahead and commit to beat him to the punch.

I’m hoping that our location vs. Zaga’s will help with this. I also like the fact that Sherfiled has followed several OU players and also has followed Marble now…who is also from the Dallas area. I wonder if he’s also followed anyone from Gonzaga? I don’t do IG or Tweeter…so I dunno.

Back