Transfer Portal Thread

They need to make this transfer portal nonsense limited somehow. You shouldn't see a guy going to 3 different schools in as many years unless hardships happen like a life event or coach change or something like that. This is getting too ridiculous.

I can't say I knew about this but I did notice he & Sherfield followed each other on IG yesterday. There was really no way for me to arrive at the Marble + OU visit news. Makes sense to why they connected now, though.

Grant also followed Jacob Groves today (he's already been following Custer, Seacat, Goldwire, and Tanner for a couple of days).

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/i/status/1516899517911601152[/TWEET]

This kid would be a tremendous addition! Go get him Moser!

We are seeing a lot of unintended consequences associated with the portal. I have a hard time believing that the original architects of the portal foresaw how it is currently playing out and see the abuses inherent in the system in which they created. Hopefully, they have the gumption to alter it in the near future.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jacobunruh/status/1519504297117073409[/TWEET]

I guess they really like the color orange

There was a tweet out there that like 45% of all d1 portal players avg less than 4ppg or something like that.

We are seeing a lot of unintended consequences associated with the portal. I have a hard time believing that the original architects of the portal foresaw how it is currently playing out and see the abuses inherent in the system in which they created. Hopefully, they have the gumption to alter it in the near future.

But it’s really not the “portal” that is the problem. We like to lump it all together, but what really threw transfers and off season into utter chaos was the NCAA lifting the transfer penalty last April and allowing anytime anywhere penalty free transfers.

They need to go back and impose some kind of limits, time frame on transfers and/or conditions for immediate eligibility and let the portal.

Let’s dream a little bit:

Sherfield
Bamisile
Marble
Godwin

We would have two ships left. What should we go after:

Best high school potential
Best shooter we can find in the portal
Another big man
Give a ship to Godwin
Combo guard to play as secondary ball handler (or is this our freshmen and Cortes?)
Try our hardest to get Mo to come back
Push Noland to a starter at the 2, and go find another athlete in the backcourt

I would be very happy with that scenario! With 2 ships left, I’d add Primo or Wright (High Point guard) and if I couldn’t find another post I liked, I’d prob save the last ship and let Sam G. Use it for this season…with the understanding that he could lose it next year, depending on the situation. If Godwin contributes and added enough value, I’d have no issues giving him the scholarship permanently.

Late night/early morning snooping.

These programs/coaches have followed Mo via social media:

Tech (they recruit everyone that has ever played basketball. I kid)
SMU
Mississippi State
LA Tech
KState (per Eric Bossi (247), KSU will be in play)
A&M
App State
Western KY
Nebraska

------

Harmon is announcing his decision today (Thursday). Surprise, surprise, it's Tech.

Last edited:

SMU
Mississippi State
LA Tech
A&M
App State
Western KY
Nebraska

------

Harmon is announcing his decision today (Thursday). Surprise, surprise, it's Tech.

SMU would be a great opportunity for Mo. would hate to see him at k state.

SMU
Mississippi State
LA Tech
A&M
App State
Western KY
Nebraska

------

I was told SEC or Baylor or back to OU…. Will not step down.
Things change of course. Just passing it along.

I was told SEC or Baylor or back to OU…. Will not step down.
Things change of course. Just passing it along.

So he enters the portal because of new competition for minutes at OU, but then hopes to go to Baylor? That's what's so maddening about this point in time -- the player's decisions so often seem badly reasoned.

Saw you being a tool over at SS. At least consistent

See Mr. Talk. When said person is rude to me, I'm going to be rude back. OU_chuck has said I was negative over and over again. Followed me around, attacked me, and then decided to not take his L when he was REALLY wrong. Therefore, someone has to call him out. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. And the guy on here called me a Prick. I guess that's okay to you? See that's not how life works. I appreciate your candor. Have a good day.

We're at a day and age where people would rather someone attack someone and that guy just take it. Wild times indeed.

the "portal " didn't really change anything ..... the free transfers and basically unlimited waivers and NIL.. on the other hand

So he enters the portal because of new competition for minutes at OU, but then hopes to go to Baylor? That's what's so maddening about this point in time -- the player's decisions so often seem badly reasoned.

I agree there. Baylor seems like an odd match. Would Drew really allow Mo to play a de-facto PG role? Not doubting Coach's info (I wouldn't do that)...just isn't something I see happening.

KSU makes a ton of sense to me, but it's early. They need someone to replace some of Pack's production and they haven't really added anything special just yet.

Last edited:
Back