Transfer Portal Thread

I appreciate the optimist, but we currently have one guard who should play minutes on a top half of the big 12 team in Noland. I like our freshmen a LOT, but they are freshmen. Joe Bam is going to be really good, but will he play this year? We don't know. Until we get some details on experienced guard play, I'm not sure we can say we're much better than bottom three teams right now.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TravisGrafHoops/status/1521185374156042240[/TWEET]

Until the dust settles on our roster, it is just way to early to get a feel for how we will do next year. I am supper high on Milos Uzan and have been since way before he moved into the top 100 kids. Just looking at videos, I think he starts at the point next year. If Cortes develops or we bring someone in that is better, that means we are good at the point. Milos looks like the real deal.

If we have T Groves, J Groves, Hill, Cortes and Noland next year, I still think we don't finish last in the B 12. I think Godwin can fill in for Ethan.

If Uzan, Oweh and/or Bennie are as good as they look on film, I think we would be improved this year. Bam getting to play would help.

In other words, I don't think we will be last. How the roster ends up looking and how the freshman look will determine how good we can be/finish.

Not feeling OU won't finish last in the Big 12 next year doesn't strike a lot of confidence in looking to next season. Can OU finish in the top half of the Big 12 without a legit or least a bruiser in the post? Tanner may be able to score but can he guard a an agile, athletic 6'9 plus big man in the paint?

Not feeling OU won't finish last in the Big 12 next year doesn't strike a lot of confidence in looking to next season. Can OU finish in the top half of the Big 12 without a legit or least a bruiser in the post? Tanner may be able to score but can he guard a an agile, athletic 6'9 plus big man in the paint?

He's got to score consistently as well. Something he did not do last year.

Who are we better than right now? Maybe Kansas State?

Definitely have better rosters than osu, kstate, and wvu. Tcu I don’t know who they lost but I will go on a limb and say ou will finish ahead of tcu next year.

Definitely have better rosters than osu, kstate, and wvu. Tcu I don’t know who they lost but I will go on a limb and say ou will finish ahead of tcu next year.

They finished ahead of us this year with a roster that includes 1 senior who didn't play a great deal. They also lost 4ppg shooter in Farabello. They return their whole team and are in on a couple of transfers to fill their two spots. They'll be in the top half of the league.

They finished ahead of us this year with a roster that includes 1 senior who didn't play a great deal. They also lost 4ppg shooter in Farabello. They return their whole team and are in on a couple of transfers to fill their two spots. They'll be in the top half of the league.

Thanks, PNK. Sounds like they have a good team coming back. I still have confidence that ou will be better than them.

With Tanner Groves as the leading returning scorer, I don't share your optimism.

Five of the top seven scorers are gone. Hill is a nice player, but very limited in what he can create without help from a facilitator, which we currently do not have.

That said, I expect Moser to do well in the portal over the next couple weeks. If I keep saying it, it has to come true, right?

With Tanner Groves as the leading returning scorer, I don't share your optimism.

Five of the top seven scorers are gone. Hill is a nice player, but very limited in what he can create without help from a facilitator, which we currently do not have.

That said, I expect Moser to do well in the portal over the next couple weeks. If I keep saying it, it has to come true, right?

If not, and OU doesn't make the Tournament for a second straight year. I would love to hear the positive optimism if they don't.

A very successful coach told his assistants they will only take 2-3 freshmen a year and they have to be ready to play. Everyone else will come from the portal. Take known guys who are physically more developed. If they don’t play early they transfer so no reason to take guys that aren’t ready to play

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1521261964684632064[/TWEET]

Good player at Louisiana, didn't do much for Tech.

Back