Transfer Portal Thread

My interest in college basketball has faded to nothing the last few years outside of following OU.

Sadly, I see my interest in OU bball and all college sports fading to nothing within a few more years. I'll still probably follow results but thats about it.

I don't know if it is age, NIL, transfers or what but my heart isn't in it anymore. Its just another pro league that is hard for me to find an attachment to

Not quite that extreme with college hoops but many sports don't rate my attention anymore. Baseball, Tennis, Boxing, Horses, Race cars, Olympics all could pull me in but now little or nothing. It might be an age thing but I bet thats not all of it.

I dunno. JB is averaging damn near 15 ppg for UTEP. I would take that right now.

HOLD UP...

yesterday lower level players werent good enough... (strong and allick)

UTEP played 1 top 25 team and lost by 26 points

JB had 4 points in 11 mins no rebounds, no ast, 2 TO, 4 fouls vs KU...

Which is it?

HOLD UP...

yesterday lower level players werent good enough... (strong and allick)

UTEP played 1 top 25 team and lost by 26 points

JB had 4 points in 11 mins no rebounds, no ast, 2 TO, 4 fouls vs KU...

Which is it?

So in essence, because I would take JB right now that makes me think he's better than Mo Gibson? Is that what you conjured in your head? LOL. Mo's gone, so it doesn't really matter at this point. I'm not understanding what odd point you're trying to make.

So in essence, because I would take JB right now that makes me think he's better than Mo Gibson? Is that what you conjured in your head? LOL. Mo's gone, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

No this has nothing to do with what I said..

Strong and Allick were low level players.

Now JB is who you would take at PG.

Stop moving the goal posts.

No this has nothing to do with what I said..

Strong and Allick were low level players.

Now JB is who you would take at PG.

Stop moving the goal posts.

LOL. I didn't say anything about Strong nor Allick. I'm not moving anything. You're just trying to argue. Go find a post where I'm saying anything negative on either player boss. I would say do better, but clearly you're reaching and trying to start an argument. It's kind of cute.

Earlier I posted about how Missouri is doing really well in recruiting this year by getting a bunch of productive portal transfers and the #1 and #2 juco recruits.... and he threw a fit about their transfers because they were mid-majors.

Which is kind of interesting considering Joe B, Sherfield, Tanner Groves, Umoja Gibson, Austin Reaves, Eli Harkless, etc transferred into OU from mid-majors.

It is what it is.

Earlier I posted about how Missouri is doing really well in recruiting this year by getting a bunch of productive portal transfers and the #1 and #2 juco recruits.... and he threw a fit about their transfers because they were mid-majors.

Which is kind of interesting considering Joe B, Sherfield, Tanner Groves, Umoja Gibson, Austin Reaves, Eli Harkless, etc transferred into OU from mid-majors.

It is what it is.

IIRC, many of the Mizzou guys are not mid-majors. They are low-majors. And they weren't even that good at their old schools. Not all non-P5 leagues are created equally.

IIRC, many of the Mizzou guys are not mid-majors. They are low-majors. And they weren't even that good at their old schools. Not all non-P5 leagues are created equally.

You're right... and Joe B averaged 16 for the worst team in the A10. They won 12 games. And you know what, I bet he ends up pretty good at OU. Harkless came from Cal State Northridge and was pretty good at OU.

You're right... and Joe B averaged 16 for the worst team in the A10. They won 12 games. And you know what, I bet he ends up pretty good at OU. Harkless came from Cal State Northridge and was pretty good at OU.

Where do you get your stats? From what I looked up, they finished 7th out of 14 teams? He was actually 2nd in scoring (16.3 pts/gm) just behind the top guy on the team at 16.7.

No they weren’t great but they were far from the “worst team in the A10.” :)

Where do you get your stats? From what I looked up, they finished 7th out of 14 teams? He was actually 2nd in scoring (16.3 pts/gm) just behind the top guy on the team at 16.7.

No they weren’t great but they were far from the “worst team in the A10.” :)

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. :)

So, like, can you guys stop? I was rather enjoying this thread.

Yeah, so you're not gonna take the L on this huh? Got it. Predictable, but I got it.

You seem to view every discussion on this board as a winner-take-all battle royale. You're not content, it seems, unless you humiliate the other poster (not that you achieve that humiliation--you're only making yourself look bad--but you sure do try).

This is a community. Most of us having been posting here for many years. That's not to say we don't disagree sometimes -- of course we do -- but you lean so heavily on snark and sarcasm. You seldom seem to even try to get your point across with civility.

Coach is one of the most informed members of this board. I can absolutely assure you that if it came down to a him-or-you vote, you would lose in a landslide of historic proportions.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1522266831767154692[/TWEET]

Only posting because it's Otega's brother....not because I expect OU to be involved.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1522266831767154692[/TWEET]

Only posting because it's Otega's brother....not because I expect OU to be involved.

Walk on.. Wonder if OU will let him. Assuming PSU did just to try and get Otega.

Walk on.. Wonder if OU will let him. Assuming PSU did just to try and get Otega.

Assuming he has the same athleticism as his brothers, he would be a really good walk-on. Would be a great practice player at worst.

It is what it is.

The way the portal works, mid-majors are the new jucos. Guys spend 1-2 years there, show some promise and transfer to a power 5 school.

Back