Transfer Portal Thread

Of course every player wont be as good as Gibson.

Trust me on Sherfield.

I didnt rank those guys. Some "expert did"

1. If every incoming player won't be as good as Gibson, it only makes sense to want Mo to stick around, no? As opposed to the "good riddance" post I was responding to. I get that Mo doesn't appear inclined to stay, but I wish he would, and I don't understand celebrating his departure.

2. Trust you on ... what? That Sherfield is good? I believe that. Are you saying he's definitely going to be a Sooner? If so, what's the hold-up?

Mo is a loss, but calling this a big loss is an overly dramatic take, which I think stems from the fact that all the other departures are likely net positives for us (opening a scholarship).

Last year we lost Reaves, Manek, Harmon, and Alondes -- all of which were bigger losses, and most not even close. If we look at things with that lens rather than comparing him to a bunch of scrubs that shouldn't see the court, it's hard to be that bothered by him leaving.

I would not trade Sherfield or Bam for Mo.

1. If every incoming player won't be as good as Gibson, it only makes sense to want Mo to stick around, no? As opposed to the "good riddance" post I was responding to. I get that Mo doesn't appear inclined to stay, but I wish he would, and I don't understand celebrating his departure.

2. Trust you on ... what? That Sherfield is good? I believe that. Are you saying he's definitely going to be a Sooner? If so, what's the hold-up?

Sherfield would more than make up from losing Gibson. But, is there any news on that front?

I agree he's not a "good riddance." More of a "meh" or a "welp...oh well."

Or maybe an "onward and upward." That's a good one.

Mo is a loss b/c we don't have anybody else that can shoot the ball like he does, at that volume and percentage. 39% on that volume is pretty good, and we all know, shooting was a major problem for this team last year. So if you take away the one guard that did it well, yeah, that is a loss.

Mo - 236 three point attempts, 39%

Sherfield - 135 three point attempts, 33%
Joe B. - 171 three point attempts, 35%
Strong - 208 three point attempts, 41%

So I'd argue that losing Mo and landing all three of these guys may not fix our three point shooting problem. Losing Mo and landing just Sherfield and Joe B. definitely doesn't help it.

1. I'm not saying good riddance. I want him to stay.

2. Sherfield will be a sooner. Somethings take time.

Mo is a loss b/c we don't have anybody else that can shoot the ball like he does, at that volume and percentage. 39% on that volume is pretty good, and we all know, shooting was a major problem for this team last year. So if you take away the one guard that did it well, yeah, that is a loss.

Mo - 236 three point attempts, 39%

Sherfield - 135 three point attempts, 33%
Joe B. - 171 three point attempts, 35%
Strong - 208 three point attempts, 41%

So I'd argue that losing Mo and landing all three of these guys may not fix our three point shooting problem. Losing Mo and landing just Sherfield and Joe B. definitely doesn't help it.

Sherfield will be an improved shooter, I would bet. He was a 37% shooter as a sophomore when his usage rate wasn't so high. He's also an 88% free throw shooter, which speaks to the potential to shoot better.

Speaking of Mo, Coach who is this guy/account? Legit? I've never seen him until today.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1521866994030678016[/TWEET]

Nebraska?

I haven't thought about Mo is the last couple of days but my gut was leaning to A&M.

Sherfield will be an improved shooter, I would bet. He was a 37% shooter as a sophomore when his usage rate wasn't so high. He's also an 88% free throw shooter, which speaks to the potential to shoot better.

agreed

1. I didn't think you were. The poster I initially responded to said that (though not in so many words).

2. I'll trust you on that, but I won't celebrate till it's announced.

Sounds like getting some contracts in place for NIL funds?

If you are right, I feel way better.

Sherfield
BAM
Northweather
Godwin

Pick up Allick or another post and best possible shooter, and we're back in business. I would love for that shooter to be umoja gibson, but if it doesn't work out, we'll find someone else.

But we're trying to improve the team, not tread water. I want Sherfield and Mo.

If Sherfield is a good (possible better) replacement for Mo then the improvement needs to come from who takes Harkless' spot imo. I would love it to be Noland.

There's no doubt that Mo is a good basketball player and served the Soons well. But I guess I don't remember him being a game changer. He kind of caught fire the last few games but I don't recall him being a real consistent playmaker. Not saying any transfer is. He may very well be better than any transfer we bring in. But this program needs a talent infusion. And if he's leaving because he doesn't want to compete with Sherfield then maybe that's saying something? I don't know. Guess we'll find out.

If Sherfield is a good (possible better) replacement for Mo then the improvement needs to come from who takes Harkless' spot imo. I would love it to be Noland.

There's no doubt that Mo is a good basketball player and served the Soons well. But I guess I don't remember him being a game changer. He kind of caught fire the last few games but I don't recall him being a real consistent playmaker. Not saying any transfer is. He may very well be better than any transfer we bring in. But this program needs a talent infusion. And if he's leaving because he doesn't want to compete with Sherfield then maybe that's saying something? I don't know. Guess we'll find out.

Joe b is proven d1 player . Your upgrade is already signed. Noland is gonna play and help.

Joe b is proven d1 player . Your upgrade is already signed. Noland is gonna play and help.

Joe B brings length and athleticism that we didn't have at guard last year. Defensively, he will be our best guard day 1 with Harkless and Goldwire gone. Has to improve his shooting, but he's going to be a fixture in the lineup, even with Sherfield.

Speaking of Mo, Coach who is this guy/account? Legit? I've never seen him until today.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1521866994030678016[/TWEET]

Nebraska?

I haven't thought about Mo is the last couple of days but my gut was leaning to A&M.

your guess is as good as mine. I was told SEC or baylor days before and after his departure.

Back