Transfer Portal Thread

I agree but who would have sat on the bench? Osunniyi or Tanner? Or do you ride with Tanner at the 4 and bench Hill? We'll see with Allick (should be on OU's campus at this moment). Allick or Hill for example?

-------

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/336edits/status/1522986803967700992[/TWEET]

Yep it would be a tough sell. I never got my hopes up when he entered the portal.

Ailick is much easier sell. He fits our need of replacing Chagrois.

Yep it would be a tough sell. I never got my hopes up when he entered the portal.

Ailick is much easier sell. He fits our need of replacing Chagrois.

This is crazy. These are guys who should be begging for OU offers. The culture has made it to where they are high priorities.

This is crazy. These are guys who should be begging for OU offers. The culture has made it to where they are high priorities.

I think you recruit the best players who you have a realistic chance of getting. If you sign a big who is better than Tanner, then you move Tanner to the bench. No one should ever be guaranteed a starting spot, and certainly no one on this team is at that level. Self went out last offseason and brought in all kinds of transfers, and if they had beaten out the returning players, you can be darn sure they would have started.

I think you recruit the best players who you have a realistic chance of getting. If you sign a big who is better than Tanner, then you move Tanner to the bench. No one should ever be guaranteed a starting spot, and certainly no one on this team is at that level. Self went out last offseason and brought in all kinds of transfers, and if they had beaten out the returning players, you can be darn sure they would have started.

I agree completely. No matter how much strength Tanner gains, he shouldn't be starting if he isn't as good as the other players (hopefully) Moser can bring in.

It’s disappointing. Either a) we chose not to recruit over Tanner or b) we tried and made no progress. Neither possibility is positive.

Who is saying moser wouldn’t bench tanner? He did multiple times this year in favor of Ethan. Many halves he play fewer mins when it mattered.

Coaches get fired for not winning. They will play the best players! Every time!

It appears a few if you guys don’t pay attention. We are losing Moja and Harkless because he told them what they needed to hear instead of what they wanted to hear.

It’s disappointing. Either a) we chose not to recruit over Tanner or b) we tried and made no progress. Neither possibility is positive.

What big in the Portal fits Mosers system the best? The big has so many responsibilities in this offense.

What bigs are better? I want some names.

What big in the Portal fits Mosers system the best? The big has so many responsibilities in this offense.

What bigs are better? I want some names.

Lofton from La Tech, Osun from Bonnie and the guy from Wazzu all come to mind without even a quick google search.

Verdonk from Illinois and Mballa from Buffalo are also intriguing options.

Last edited:
All things remaining the same (playing time, position, utilization on a team, etc.) I do expect the University of Oklahoma to beat out the likes of California, Colorado St. and Illinois State. There are many factors involved but surely OU is the best out of the bunch.

I will never understand why OU fans think the only thing that matters to these kids is which school has the better basketball team/program. They do it in football too.

This isn't 1950. Now, especially with the NIL stuff, there are SO MANY factors that matter to these kids, that OU being the best team/program doesn't necessarily put us at the top of the list. Location. Playing time. Development. Scheme fit. NIL dollars. Depth chart. Relationship with coach/coaching staff.

It ALL matters.

I think with other programs being stronger in the NIL, they are obviously getting better recruits. Mike Boynton was on twitter crying about it in regards of Likele, so OSU is struggling too. Wichita State’s AD got fired for no NIL plan.

I think with other programs being stronger in the NIL, they are obviously getting better recruits. Mike Boynton was on twitter crying about it in regards of Likele, so OSU is struggling too. Wichita State’s AD got fired for no NIL plan.

I think you’re right, SC! The top recruits want more than a promise of financial rewards later on. It’s a “show me the money” game now, and I’m not sure OU is as prepared as other schools seem to be? Barry as our spokesman has a nice ring to it, yet even that faded quickly beyond the initial publicity.

Thanks to Fritzie on Scoop...

Allick is visiting BYU on the 9th (tomorrow).

Thanks to Fritzie on Scoop...

Allick is visiting BYU on the 9th (tomorrow).

That stinks. Was hoping he'd sign while in Norman. Seems like if OU is first, they can't keep guys to keep from visiting other places. But if a guy visits another place, they commit there and cancel the OU visit.

What's the draw? Their season was very close to ours last season. A slighty better record against an easier schedule and a second-round loss in the NIT. They finished 59 in Kenpom to our 30 ranking, and our schedule strength was 31st to their 54th.

I will freely acknowledge it's petty of me, but my days of even mildly cheering for these guys who skip out on us are quickly drawing to a close.

New name to keep an eye on: Iaroslav Niagu. Not a portal kid. 2022, I suppose.

I don't know much about him that isn't found on google...6'11 ish, Russian, NBA Academy (Australia), etc.

Not sure if anything will happen just yet, still gathering info which is proving to be hard. Could be just the coaches evaluating him...another developmental big doesn't seem like a need.

Last edited:

I don't know much about him that isn't found on google...6'11 ish, Russian, NBA Academy (Australia), etc.

Not sure if anything will happen just yet, still gathering info which is proving to be hard. Could be just the coaches evaluating him...another developmental big doesn't seem like a need.

A Russian. Just what we need right now.

Allick looks like a great option all of a sudden.

He doesn't look at useless as Hannas Polla was. So I'll gladly take him. Seems almost agile around the rim at his size.

What's the draw? Their season was very close to ours last season. A slighty better record against an easier schedule and a second-round loss in the NIT. They finished 59 in Kenpom to our 30 ranking, and our schedule strength was 31st to their 54th.

I will freely acknowledge it's petty of me, but my days of even mildly cheering for these guys who skip out on us are quickly drawing to a close.

Pg and Hartman.

Back