Transfer Portal Thread

geez

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1523730731192578049[/TWEET]

Davis decided to go back to Detroit (Mercy). I guess the money from this deal helped him decide. The team doesn't matter much when you're already getting paid.

KSU buddy thought they had him for sure.. then BYU was the possible favorite.. Back to Detroit?? Interesting. Guess he can go score 25 a game and make money!

KSU buddy thought they had him for sure.. then BYU was the possible favorite.. Back to Detroit?? Interesting. Guess he can go score 25 a game and make money!

In a very cool gesture, he's taking some of his new found wealth and giving it to his teammates. But yeah, without that deal posted above, he would have ended up at KSU or BYU or wherever else. Good day for Detroit, his teammates, and for mid-major basketball.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1523772676547907584[/TWEET]

UNC, Creighton, Arkansas, Kansas...going to be some really good teams next year.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/HeatCheckHoops/status/1523773736700104704[/TWEET]

UNC, Creighton, Arkansas, Kansas...going to be some really good teams next year.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/HeatCheckHoops/status/1523773736700104704[/TWEET]

I know some of this is the NIL. Not every player that has signed with these teams are going to get significant minutes, do players not care? Averaging 10 to 20 min a game will not get most players to the next level.

I know some of this is the NIL. Not every player that has signed with these teams are going to get significant minutes, do players not care? Averaging 10 to 20 min a game will not get most players to the next level.

To be fair, for many of these guys 30-40 minutes a game won’t get them to the next level either.

Does anyone have any idea where Mo Gibson is going to go? Any chance he returns to OU?

Rondel Walker is turning into a serious recruitment. Just be advised.

I also think the Russian kid - Niagu - is as well.

But as always, this stuff is fluid.

Sorry, I'll show some of "my work". I definitely meant OU is recruiting Rondel.

I thought this was a weird tweet. Reading into tweets is nearly impossible but it could be interpreted as a move to a rival? Okay, lol, probably not. Regardless, the tweet was liked by Matt Gordon. Why would an OU coach like it? Odd.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/RondelWalker/status/1523364895898890240?s=20&t=d8DdWFznIvWwczreYor8cQ[/TWEET]

After that, Dildy, Gordon, Custer...are all on him via Twitter and/or IG. Custer was late last night. Dildy was today. There's a little more to it than that (some convos in twitter DMs), but it's sort of the trail I've been on for a couple of days (maybe a week - whenever Gordon first followed him).

and now another site is hearing an intriguing name...so there you go.

With the Russian, I noticed a Custer IG follow last night. Then the kid followed Moser yesterday & Custer, KT, & Cade (who we know left) today. He's a little more hard to predict. I bet OU watched him in February when the NBA Academy (Australia) came to the US...but that's just a guess.

Last edited:
OU should have offered Walker and the Boone Bros from the beginning. They might not be elite players but how many have we ever had in Norman at the same time? I would always lock up in state talent like that if i could. They are better than what we have had sitting at the end of our bench every year.

OU should have offered Walker and the Boone Bros from the beginning. They might not be elite players but how many have we ever had in Norman at the same time? I would always lock up in state talent like that if i could. They are better than what we have had sitting at the end of our bench every year.

Hard pass. Can’t take all d1 instate kids. Both boones have just been ok. Bryce will have the reigns this year at Osu.

One Boone just went to pacific.

Sure get the top ones. Not all.

Hard pass. Can’t take all d1 instate kids. Both boones have just been ok. Bryce will have the reigns this year at Osu.

One Boone just went to pacific.

Sure get the top ones. Not all.

I didn't say every Oklahoma kid. This year I might not take any. But I would have taken those three. The lesser Boone going to Pacific would strengthen my argument as much as yours. He left voluntarily and the contributing Boone stayed. OU would benefit from the contributing Boone this year and every year. What I am saying is why bother with Polla, Garang, Merritt, Issanza, O'Garro when we have better guys right here in Oklahoma?

Last edited:
I didn't say every Oklahoma kid. This year there is only one I would take. But I would have taken those three. The lesser Boone going to Pacific would strengthen my argument as much as yours. He left voluntarily and the contributing Boone stayed. OU would benefit from the contributing Boone this year and every year. What I am saying is why bother with Polla, Garang, Merritt, Issanza, O'Garro when we have better guys right here in Oklahoma?

Hindsight sure. But lots of factors. But boones weren’t going to OU after Osu offered. End of story.

Back