Transfer Portal Thread

Those are unknowns too.

The biggest unknown is why you virtually disappeared the past two years, only to show up with a litany of posts to tell OU fans how wrong they are about an OSU player who may want to be a Sooner!

Come on, HoHum, you’re better than that!

The biggest unknown is why you virtually disappeared the past two years, only to show up with a litany of posts to tell OU fans how wrong they are about an OSU player who may want to eat a Sooner!

Wait, will that give us another scholarship? HAHA kidding Ada..

They will add one more in addition to those two guys. All three will be better offensive players, even if Walker's an excellent defender.

Who? Only offense matters?

We've added 2 really good scorers.

The biggest unknown is why you virtually disappeared the past two years, only to show up with a litany of posts to tell OU fans how wrong they are about an OSU player who may want to be a Sooner!

I like Walker, and don't want him to leave. But, he's not a huge loss for the Cowboys, just because they desperately need offense and Walker wasn't providing that. They were an elite defensive squad last year and the exact opposite offensively. Hopefully with Cisse at the 5, they can maintain some of that defensive prowess and with improved perimeter offense can improve overall as a team.

I'm not criticizing the guy or downplaying him by saying he's an excellent defender with (so far) lackluster offensive abilities. He's a useful player.

OSU fans are okay with losing Walker. He's a limited offensive guard with solid athleticism and excellent defensive instincts. He thought he should be getting run at the point.

Not from what I've seen on OSU message boards and social media

Who? Only offense matters?

We've added 2 really good scorers.

Of course not. But, OSU needs offensive punch far more than defense. If there's one thing Boynton has done consistently the last few years is get them to play solid defense, and last year they were elite. Putting the ball in the basket has been the issue.

OSU added a 18-20 low major point scorer in Wright, a 24 year old 3/4 guy who averaged 13 and 6 and shot 38% from three in Harrison and likely will add Asberry from Texas State, who was first team all-Sun Belt, in the next few days. Will they replicate those numbers in the Big XII? Obviously not, but they provide shooting which was the Cowboys biggest issue last season.

Walker will be an upgrade, he’s got two more years to play!

Upgrade over who?

Mo - Nope. Mo is the better overall player and substantially better on the offensive end.

Goldwire - Goldwire likely wins out b/c he is a true PG. Probably similar players other than that.

Harkless - I'm not a Harkless fan AT ALL. That said, I'd take Harkless over Walker based on what I know today.

Johnson - Tough to gauge. Probably similar impacts, though Johnson had a higher upside on the offensive end IMO. Tough to compare these two players for a lot of reasons.

3 freshman guards - I expect all three to have better college careers than Walker.

Is Walker an upgrade over Cortes and Mason? Sure. So maybe we upgraded the worst guard on the bench (Cortes, currently). Tough to get excited about that IMO.

Upgrade over who?

Mo - Nope. Mo is the better overall player and substantially better on the offensive end.

Goldwire - Goldwire likely wins out b/c he is a true PG. Probably similar players other than that.

Harkless - I'm not a Harkless fan AT ALL. That said, I'd take Harkless over Walker based on what I know today.

Johnson - Tough to gauge. Probably similar impacts, though Johnson had a higher upside on the offensive end IMO. Tough to compare these two players for a lot of reasons.

3 freshman guards - I expect all three to have better college careers than Walker.

Is Walker an upgrade over Cortes and Mason? Sure. So maybe we upgraded the worst guard on the bench (Cortes, currently). Tough to get excited about that IMO.
agree

Upgrade over who?

It seemed pretty clear that ADA was referring to Marvin. I don't know enough about Walker to form an opinion, but I think that's who he meant.

Walker will be a great add because of his versatility on defense and his energy on both sides of the floor. Don't kid yourself, OSU fans are NOT happy about losing him and upset with Boynton.

Think it's 50/50 on that front. Some seem fine with it, some seem unhappy with it.

For a team that needs shooting badly, and for the same ones that were fine with Harkless leaving because of his bad shooting. Walker shot a stellar 28.3% from 3 and 36% from the field. While averaging 22 minutes per game.

Same ones are saying this is a good get now. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Walker is a nice replacement for Marvin Johnson, who was a big piece of the puzzle the last 6-7 games of the season.

Great post, Colston!

Walker definitely fits the mold of Marvin. Walker is a good defender too so that will help with the loss of Harkless.

Great post, Colston!

Walker definitely fits the mold of Marvin. Walker is a good defender too so that will help with the loss of Harkless.

I think thats what everyone is saying.

Not walker is Moja

Upgrade over who?

Gibson was held to a whopping TWO points and ZERO made shots at OSU while being guarded by Walker and others. Rondel had 13 points on 3-4 shooting in the same game, btw.

Walker is not a scrub. He needs to improve his outside shot, but he has more potential than Gibson and it isn't close.

He's a long, athletic guard. I'll take it.

At this point there's no use speculating who is a good pick up and isn't. We just have to trust the coaches here.

Gibson was held to a whopping TWO points and ZERO made shots at OSU while being guarded by Walker and others. Rondel had 13 points on 3-4 shooting in the same game, btw.

Walker is not a scrub. He needs to improve his outside shot, but he has more potential than Gibson and it isn't close.

+1

You've picked Gibson's worst game of the season (and likely one of Walker's best) to compare the two. In Norman, Gibson scored 13 points while being guarded by Walker and others; Walker scored 3.

On the season, Gibson averaged 13 points to Walker's 5.

Personally, I don't want anyone with even a whiff of aggie wearing crimson and cream, but I don't get a vote.

Back