Transfer Portal Thread

I don’t have the time or the patience to argue with posters who have a personal agenda I don’t subscribe to! Have a nice day!!!

His numbers regressed because they didn’t have Cunningham running the point. Neither do we but an offense will be run in Norman. Avery Anderson also had a big regression. Boynton gets guys to play hard and defend. His offense is just run around and throw up shots. I do agree Rondel needs to improve his shooting. No reason he can’t score as well as Harkless did last year.

His numbers regressed because they didn’t have Cunningham running the point. Neither do we but an offense will be run in Norman. Avery Anderson also had a big regression. Boynton gets guys to play hard and defend. His offense is just run around and throw up shots. I do agree Rondel needs to improve his shooting. No reason he can’t score as well as Harkless did last year.

Good observation.

I just don't see it. I think he will have to play over 30 mpg to avg double digits. he's a poor man's harkless

If Walker improves his 3-point numbers by 5-7% (not crazy) he can be close to 10 ppg, and that's without accounting for any other improvements.

It's college sports--it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things. But in the bubble of college sports, rivalries matter. You wanna view it purely analytically and not allow emotions to influence your response, have at it. I've been rooting for OU and against oswho for half a century. Why would I suddenly change just because it's suddenly easier for players to transfer?

And it's not as though we're getting the second coming of Michael Jordan from them--we're getting a guy who scored five points per game last season. If he'd been a Sooner last season, many on this board would be trashing him. I'm supposed to put aside the fact that he's an aggie AND that he contributes very little offensively? If that makes me adolescent, so be it.

Let me start off with I don’t expect this big of a jump but look at the following stats:

OU- 2019-2020- 6.0 pts per game
OU- 2020-2021- 6.7 pts per game

You think fans were REALLY excited about getting this transfer when he signed with his new school as a graduate?

Wake Forrest- 2021-2022- 18.5 pts per game/ACC player of the year

I would think after the season Wake fans were OK with taking a chance on the guy.

Walker averaged over 7 his first year and then 5+ this year. And as pointed out, he didn’t have cunningham to open it up for him. OU runs an offense which is light years ahead of what he had at OSU. I’d say give him a chance before we chalk it up as a failure.

On the “adolescent” talk, you yourself said “it’s college sports” and “rivalries matter”. The KID made a choice to play at OSU, of course he’s going to talk trash on OU when he plays for a rival. If you have ever played sports, it’s what you do, talk trash ;) If he decided the situation wasn’t what he wanted and decided OU is the best place for him (NIL or not), good for him and I will root for him when he is wearing crimson and cream. I haven’t been an OU fan quite as long as you from what I have read but it doesn’t bother me that he was on a rival team and decided to play for OU. Maybe I’m just getting weaker mentally as I get older :)

Let me start off with I don’t expect this big of a jump but look at the following stats:

OU- 2019-2020- 6.0 pts per game
OU- 2020-2021- 6.7 pts per game

You think fans were REALLY excited about getting this transfer when he signed with his new school as a graduate?

Wake Forrest- 2021-2022- 18.5 pts per game/ACC player of the year

I would think after the season Wake fans were OK with taking a chance on the guy.

Walker averaged over 7 his first year and then 5+ this year. And as pointed out, he didn’t have cunningham to open it up for him. OU runs an offense which is light years ahead of what he had at OSU. I’d say give him a chance before we chalk it up as a failure.

On the “adolescent” talk, you yourself said “it’s college sports” and “rivalries matter”. The KID made a choice to play at OSU, of course he’s going to talk trash on OU when he plays for a rival. If you have ever played sports, it’s what you do, talk trash ;) If he decided the situation wasn’t what he wanted and decided OU is the best place for him (NIL or not), good for him and I will root for him when he is wearing crimson and cream. I haven’t been an OU fan quite as long as you from what I have read but it doesn’t bother me that he was on a rival team and decided to play for OU. Maybe I’m just getting weaker mentally as I get older :)

Alondes is very much an exception to the rule. And I think people fail to account for just how athletic he is. He is not a good athlete, he is an exceptional one, specifically at the college level. I didn't think in a million years he would do what he did at Wake, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had gone there and been a very good starter and maybe scored 13-14 per game. Does Walker have that potential? I am not going to pretend to have watched him enough to know.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jbuckets5/status/1524140737192939524[/TWEET]

obviously with the Walker happenings, this isn't going to be OU. He just visited Colorado State so...yeah.

----

Oklahoma State has now picked up two commitments in two days.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/calebasberry2/status/1524142504748060673[/TWEET]

Caleb Asberry

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/bucketman24/status/1523854782619922445?s=20&t=g2V2Ms6J9Ec4xxNWt2JgdQ[/TWEET]

Russell Harrison

I Haven’t watched osu over the last few years except when they play OU. I don’t really know anything about this kid from osu. I am not a fan of kids transferring to rivals. That’s just a terrible idea. They need to reinstate the barriers to transferring within the conference.

Is he for sure coming to OU?

Who else is coming?

Alondes is very much an exception to the rule. And I think people fail to account for just how athletic he is. He is not a good athlete, he is an exceptional one, specifically at the college level. I didn't think in a million years he would do what he did at Wake, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had gone there and been a very good starter and maybe scored 13-14 per game. Does Walker have that potential? I am not going to pretend to have watched him enough to know.

I guess that’s what I’m getting at is that the transfer portal is just as much crap shoot for a lot of these guys as coming out of HS or Juco used to be. You can find guys that can double their scoring or on the flip side drop 2, 3 or 5+ pts a game based off where they came from. Alondes was a great athlete for sure but I doubt anyone saw a 12+ raise in ppg coming transferring to Wake from OU. Again, I’m not saying that Walker (if he ends up at OU) is going to raise his ppg by that much but a 4-5 pt/gm increase is definitely doable which would put him around 9-10/gm and if that is 3rd or 4th on the team in avg I feel like he is/was exactly what Moser was hoping to get along with playing energetic defense. Just my take.

OSU fans are okay with losing Walker. He's a limited offensive guard with solid athleticism and excellent defensive instincts. He thought he should be getting run at the point.

He’s an effort guy. I really liked that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For those who are upset about Mo, or whoever leaving, I listened to Moser on podcast earlier. There wasn't a whole lot of OU info due to it being hosted by former Loyola players but he said two things that stuck out to me (and I'm being really loose with the quotes)...

1. "We have 5 players coming back (from last year). They're the right 5."
2. When dealing with portal recruits...."they ask two questions: Will I have the ball in my hands more & what's the NIL deals like?"

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BleavSports/status/1524038673049792513?s=20&t=48BHp_2NNiEQkjdTnImT1g[/TWEET]

Last edited:
2. When dealing with portal recruits...
1. ."they ask two questions: Will I have the ball in my hands more & what's the NIL deals like?"

Did he say what his answers were regarding the NIL deals?

Last edited:
I Haven’t watched osu over the last few years except when they play OU. I don’t really know anything about this kid from osu. I am not a fan of kids transferring to rivals. That’s just a terrible idea. They need to reinstate the barriers to transferring within the conference.

Is he for sure coming to OU?

Who else is coming?

So if the tuba player wants to transfer to play in the TCU band, should he have to sit out? If not, what’s the difference? The more you try to treat athletes differently, the more you are tacitly acknowledging that they are employees you are trying to control.

So if the tuba player wants to transfer to play in the TCU band, should he have to sit out? If not, what’s the difference? The more you try to treat athletes differently, the more you are tacitly acknowledging that they are employees you are trying to control.

Lol

NBA combine list

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1524194179726942208[/TWEET]

Wow. What a stupid take. Tuba players? LOL.

Back