Transfer Portal Thread

Man I can’t possibly rebut that brilliant retort.

I mentioned reinstating the transfer rules as they were and you talk about tuba players. Your post was stupid and completely irrelevant. That’s on you.

I mentioned reinstating the transfer rules as they were and you talk about tuba players. Your post was stupid and completely irrelevant. That’s on you.

And yet you fail to explain how it would be legally justified to treat athletes differently than other students without admitting they are employees. Look, the fact that you and coaches and so many fans resent players having the same freedom as everyone else doesn’t constitute an actual argument. More people need to take the Mike Brey approach to this.

The delay could be due to UGA. When I first posted about him, I was going to add that it appeared UGA was also recruiting him. Since being mentioned, Rondel did follow a UGA reporter on 247. It's just social media, which isn't always a true indicator, and I've yet to see an update on the UGA site. UGA did land another former Poke - Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe.

The Russian...not much there it appears. I guess you could label it as an eval or whatever. OU hasn't truly, as of last night, reached out.

Last edited:
I mentioned reinstating the transfer rules as they were.....

That would help a lot. Even if the NIL stuff doesn't get "better", having to sit out a year in most cases would cut down on some of this.

One other easy thing they could do is say that if you take the free transfer, you don't also get the free graduate transfer later. You can only use one in your career.

Not a big deal here but Mo cleared his IG. No OU anything. He had OU pics up yesterday FWIW.

Probably an announcement (to UF) coming really soon.

Last edited:
Eh. Not the same. Manek was one of, if not the all time leading 3 point shooters in Sooner history (too lazy to look it up).

Not my point. My point is college basketball is nomadic. Manek who should be considered a Sooner great with all time stats and 3 NCAA appearances will now be identified as a Tarheel. The Portal has taken a lot of the traditional perspective of a program away when you have wholesale new rosters every year.

Not my point. My point is college basketball is nomadic. Manek who should be considered a Sooner great with all time stats and 3 NCAA appearances will now be identified as a Tarheel. The Portal has taken a lot of the traditional perspective of a program away when you have wholesale new rosters every year.

Manek is born and raised in Oklahoma, spent 4 years at OU.

The only way he would be identified as a Tar Heel is to Tar Heel fans.

That's like saying Russell Wilson is a Wisconsin Badger after spending 4 years at NC State.

Manek is born and raised in Oklahoma, spent 4 years at OU.

The only way he would be identified as a Tar Heel is to Tar Heel fans.

That's like saying Russell Wilson is a Wisconsin Badger after spending 4 years at NC State.

lol most people think of wilson as a Badger

lol most people think of wilson as a Badger

HAHA. Who does?

Most recognize that he went to NC State for 4 years. Shoot. He broke records there.

Even ESPN said they could put NC State in the top 10 as QBU for a while because of Wilson, Rivers, and even Jacoby Brissett.

HAHA. Who does?

Most recognize that he went to NC State for 4 years. Shoot. He broke records there.

Even ESPN said they could put NC State in the top 10 as QBU for a while because of Wilson, Rivers, and even Jacoby Brissett.

people that don't live in NC

people that don't live in NC

Agreed.

Most people identify Wilson as a Badger as that is where he went 11-3, finished in the top 10, and went to the Rose Bowl. He went 20-18 at NC St. He was also on AA lists at Wisconsin, not NC St, and set the NCAA record at that time for passing efficiency. He got drafted to the NFL out of Wisconsin, not NC St, where he could have declared but didn't. Pull up a Google search of Russell Wilson college and you will see more hits and pics from his Wisconsin days, not Raleigh. Yeah, he played well individually at NC St in his 3 years, but he was recognized nationally while at Wisconsin.

BTW, to answer the earlier question about Brady being one of the greatest 3 pt shooters in OU history, I would say that is in the eye of the beholder. Yes, he is #5 all-time at OU in 3PT makes (#4 in attempts) but doesn't even make the top 30 in 3PT%. To me, that just means he played more games and took more shots than most of the 3PT shooters in OU history. Not one of the greatest.

With all that said, we have seen in our own athletic department that transfers can go to a new program and make such a mark at their new school even in a short time, and that is where they are remembered. Regardless of their previous success at major P5 programs. Paige Lowary and Giselle Juarez for softball, Kyler, Tayshawn Thomas, Austin Reeves, Spangler and Romero Osby all come to mind.

And yet you fail to explain how it would be legally justified to treat athletes differently than other students without admitting they are employees. Look, the fact that you and coaches and so many fans resent players having the same freedom as everyone else doesn’t constitute an actual argument. More people need to take the Mike Brey approach to this.

Not necessarily against transfer rules. But to talk about your example. Many academic, band, choir and theater scholarships have a time at school clause. This means if you don’t complete a certain time at the university, student has to pay back the scholarship. Not all. But it’s away to not offer a theater major a full academic ride and invest in the student and have them leave. Seems similar to football concerns. This occurs specially with the higher end schools.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/336edits/status/1524423252935954432[/TWEET]

Edit: [TWEET]https://twitter.com/jbuckets5/status/1524427580945965057[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Not necessarily against transfer rules. But to talk about your example. Many academic, band, choir and theater scholarships have a time at school clause. This means if you don’t complete a certain time at the university, student has to pay back the scholarship. Not all. But it’s away to not offer a theater major a full academic ride and invest in the student and have them leave. Seems similar to football concerns. This occurs specially with the higher end schools.

Good post, and interesting info. Thank you!

Back