Transfer Portal Thread

The delay could be due to UGA. When I first posted about him, I was going to add that it appeared UGA was also recruiting him. Since being mentioned, Rondel did follow a UGA reporter on 247. It's just social media, which isn't always a true indicator, and I've yet to see an update on the UGA site. UGA did land another former Poke - Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe.

The Russian...not much there it appears. I guess you could label it as an eval or whatever. OU hasn't truly, as of last night, reached out.

I hope it's not another school. That would make it twice now, it sounds like, we were on the verge of an announcement and another school caused a delay. That makes Sooner fans nervous. The portal is closing up I would think.

Again, not trying to overact or doubt anything anyone has said here.

I hope it's not another school. That would make it twice now, it sounds like, we were on the verge of an announcement and another school caused a delay. That makes Sooner fans nervous. The portal is closing up I would think.

Again, not trying to overact or doubt anything anyone has said here.

Cmon Porter! Coffee is for closers baby...

Is there any particular reason people with insight are so confident about Sherfield?

If all he's done is give a verbal 'I'm coming to OU,' that's worth almost nothing.

Hopefully it's more than that.

still over 1000 guys in the portal

Okay I stand corrected. I'll re-phrase it.

I presume that the window for the coaching staff to identify a good fit, contact him, and successfully recruit him to OU is closing. At some point the focus shifts from filling the roster to developing what ya got. And right now it aint a whole lot.

Parker F decommitted from the Pokes. Which I guess was who Coach was talking about. Figured that meant a player to the portal.

Okay I stand corrected. I'll re-phrase it.

I presume that the window for the coaching staff to identify a good fit, contact him, and successfully recruit him to OU is closing. At some point the focus shifts from filling the roster to developing what ya got. And right now it aint a whole lot.

There is definitely a need in closing out the last 3 spots on the roster and the roster needs to be better than last year, but let's not overexaggerate by saying we don't have a whole lot right now.

We have 3 returning starters from the end of the season, a solid wing that was a 4 star top 100 player out of HS that now has Big XII experience, a backup PG, 2 4 star top 100 HS recruits, a top international player, a 3-star state player of the year, and a transfer guard that averaged more than any player on our team last year, and has better stats as a guard than the two transfer outs did before or at OU. And a backup/bench big man that has D1 experience and had as good PPG and RPG as our backup big last year. That is what we have RIGHT NOW.

Again, need to close the 3 rumored transfers. And we have to find those 3 spots to compete at a level higher than last year. But what we have on the roster right now is far from the sky falling.

Doesn't that literally mean he is more athletic than Cortes, and Cortes alone?

Ahh, I guess Noland too. But being more athletic than those two isn't saying a whole lot.

Good point. Regardless, I don't think we're in a position to turn away athletic guards with b12 experience.

Parker F decommitted from the Pokes. Which I guess was who Coach was talking about. Figured that meant a player to the portal.

Parker Friedrichsen was an OU recruit not long ago. He was one of the players I wanted.

Any chance our coaches might try to get him to rethink his decision and sign with the Sooners?

Since we seem to be covering all sports transfers how about a mention for Joe Don Looney.

Parker Friedrichsen was an OU recruit not long ago. He was one of the players I wanted.

Any chance our coaches might try to get him to rethink his decision and sign with the Sooners?

Would adding Parker F even matter to some of the guys here? How many of you even want him at OU?

That is an honest question...would he move the needle for you guys?

keep in mind he is a 2023 kid and can't sign until the fall

Would adding Parker F even matter to some of the guys here? How many of you even want him at OU?

I've seen him play in person multiple times. I would LOVE to have him at OU! He is a pure shoot with DEEP range. My kids go to Jenks, and he put up 40 against us. And to me, he's different than a lot of past sharp shooters..because he actually has some height. Looked to be almost 6'4" or so...and has a quick release.

We'll see. Involved for sure but lot of drama and unrealistic expectations.

I don't think he's a great fit for what Moser wants to do, but an in-state kid that shoots it that way? Sure, there is a spot on the roster for him. Get him on campus and see what happens. I could see him being a pretty decent player. I can also see him struggling at this level.

I'd be upset if he were the face of the 2023 class, but not if he were the 2nd or 3rd best player in said class.

Not that I know anything, but from what I know and have seen I would love to have him. I think he fits perfectly in Porter's system. I have no idea if he has any interest in OU or visa versa.

Of the 2023 class, I want the Union kid -- Pierce, the most, then Garrison.

BTW, is the Ada (Cooper i think) kid a 2023 kid or a 2022 kid, and does anyone know if we are still recruiting him?

I don't think he's a great fit for what Moser wants to do, but an in-state kid that shoots it that way? Sure, there is a spot on the roster for him. Get him on campus and see what happens. I could see him being a pretty decent player. I can also see him struggling at this level.

I'd be upset if he were the face of the 2023 class, but not if he were the 2nd or 3rd best player in said class.

He’s basically a spot up shooter first year of college. Now he can do some stuff off the dribble on the high school level but I don’t think he will be able to do that for a while in the big 12. To put that into perspective, Bijan Cortes was a wheeler and dealer on the HS and AAU level off the dribble and struggled at OU as a freshman. He would have to make the same adjustments as most freshman make as far as handling pressure and defending at the point of attack.

Is there any particular reason people with insight are so confident about Sherfield?

If all he's done is give a verbal 'I'm coming to OU,' that's worth almost nothing.

Hopefully it's more than that.

Could Sherfield be waiting on The dominoes of McCullar and Mosely to fall? If Mosley goes to KU, that pushes McCullar to Gonzaga, right?

Not that I know anything, but from what I know and have seen I would love to have him. I think he fits perfectly in Porter's system. I have no idea if he has any interest in OU or visa versa.

Of the 2023 class, I want the Union kid -- Pierce, the most, then Garrison.

BTW, is the Ada (Cooper i think) kid a 2023 kid or a 2022 kid, and does anyone know if we are still recruiting him?

I will be honest with you, I don’t think the AAU/Prep scene in the state pushes kids to OU nor do they push them to OSU in my opinion. With all the prospects in the state that have played college out of state the ast few years their has always been some sort of nefarious narrative as why they didn’t go to OU or OSU. It’s no secret that Cade Cunningham had to request an offer for Rondel at OSU.

I don’t see OU or OSU getting Pierce, Garrison, Cooper, Fredriechsen, or Jeremiah Johnson. It just feels like those guys are looking for brighter lights. Also, it seems their AAU programs are more hung up on collecting offers than anything.

One guy at one of those AAU programs has been lobbying for a job on the OU staff. If he delivered more than one player I would say he should get a job. But that program has only sent one kid to OU in 6 years of existence.

I will be honest with you, I don’t think the AAU/Prep scene in the state pushes kids to OU nor do they push them to OSU in my opinion. With all the prospects in the state that have played college out of state the ast few years their has always been some sort of nefarious narrative as why they didn’t go to OU or OSU. It’s no secret that Cade Cunningham had to request an offer for Rondel at OSU.

I don’t see OU or OSU getting Pierce, Garrison, Cooper, Fredriechsen, or Jeremiah Johnson. It just feels like those guys are looking for brighter lights. Also, it seems their AAU programs are more hung up on collecting offers than anything.

One guy at one of those AAU programs has been lobbying for a job on the OU staff. If he delivered more than one player I would say he should get a job. But that program has only sent one kid to OU in 6 years of existence.

I know who you are referring to and he is a good dude. I agree he needs to be influencing some players to ou if he ever wants to get on OU’s radar for coaching.

Back