Transfer Portal Thread

Posted this on TOS but it is probably even more relevant here. A lot of people on this board slammed LK for not being able to close this one as he appeared to back off in his recruitment. Four Star top 65 recruit, in the same in-state class as Bryce Thompson, Rondel Walker, and Trey Phipps. The staff took a lot of criticism for missing out on those top three.

Fast forward to today and maybe LK didn't miss as much as people made it out to be. Every one of the top 4 instate players that year has transferred and none of them have a cumulative double-digit PPG average.

This will be the 3rd school in 3 years for Robinson, who has only averaged a career 10 MPG, 1 RPG, and 3 PPG. Moser really was too late last year to have a chance at him when he transferred from AtM.

He certainly has the raw talent, physical tools, and athleticism, but at this point, I am not sure if it is a change of scenery he needs or if it is all internal changes in him that is needed to warrant taking a chance with one of the last scholarships.

He played bad his last year of high school. He looked like a d2 prospect. Everybody saw it, but sometimes if you are ranked high enough that carries weight when you say I signed a top 100 player.

I remember Mussleman tweeting about him during a pro day they had at Arkansas. I know that was just a circle jerk.

He broke records and NC State. He didn't win anything at Wisky. Like at all.

This is such a hilariously awful take that I have to take the time to respond.

"He broke records at NC State."

His passer efficiency rating at Wisconsin was 191.8. At that time, that was the all-time record. The previous year he was 127.5 (147.8 and 133.9 the previous two).

"He didn't win anything at Wiky. Like at all."

Are you not counting the Big 10 championship that he won? Wisconsin won 11 games that year, which was equal to the previous two seasons at NC State COMBINED.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike folks taking info from here and sharing. I know it’s public but ouhoops is for true fans.

Not scoop!

I’ve noticed the trend myself. Let’s keep OUHoops insider info here at OUHoops. Maybe in the future if people want to share some intel from here, provide the link to the website.

Why is the NC State/Wisconsin Russ Wilson thing in this thread again?? I'd rather go back to talking about NC and KU

I'd like to go back to talking about how long it's gonna take until we offer Nick Thompson's kid.

So he doesn't have any records at Wisconsin. And they lost the Rose Bowl. Without him at NC state, NC State doesn't win those games. Period.

I'm done with this conversation. Hell, the man said it himself he was a Wolfpack guy FFS.

Maybe you should be done posting ridiculous things for a while. Just a thought.

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread and keep us up-to-date. This is the only site for basketball news.

Sounds like rondel is taking a couple visits. KSU and TCU.

Sounds like rondel is taking a couple visits. KSU and TCU.

You know I appreciate all your info and I love both boards...scoop and here. Here is where you get the true basketball stuff.

But it seems like you are okay sharing scoop stuff (from a source) here bc this was shared yesterday on scoop. Just saying, hard to be upset then just do the same thing.

That being said, I do understand trying to keep insider info, insider info.

You know I appreciate all your info and I love both boards...scoop and here. Here is where you get the true basketball stuff.

But it seems like you are okay sharing scoop stuff (from a source) here bc this was shared yesterday on scoop. Just saying, hard to be upset then just do the same thing.

That being said, I do understand trying to keep insider info, insider info.

If he got the scoop info as well I think he is fine to share it. Lol

Last edited:
If he got the scoop info as well I think he is fine to share it. Lol

So he let scoop post it first, then posts it here next day? While also not liking info being shared with scoop?

That is fine if he is the source, just saying it looked weird. I am pro-info, wherever it comes from.

Unless you are talking in a general sense, which I understand completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he let scoop post it first, then posts it here next day? While also not liking info being shared with scoop?

That is fine if he is the source, just saying it looked weird. I am pro-info, wherever it comes from.

Unless you are talking in a general sense, which I understand completely.

i am just talking in general ... i know coach talks to some of the same poeple that the scoop guys talk to and hears a lot of thing s..

i edited my first post for clarity ..

i am just talking in general ... i know coach talks to some of the same poeple that the scoop guys talk to and hears a lot of thing s..

i edited my first post for clarity ..

Completely understandable. I am sure the info can come from (and mostly does) the same source or circles. Again I am pro any info we can get, also very appreciative of it all.

Thanks for the clarification on your post Boulder.

Completely understandable. I am sure the info can come from (and mostly does) the same source or circles. Again I am pro any info we can get, also very appreciative of it all.

Thanks for the clarification on your post Boulder.

no problem ...

Back