Upperclassmen vs underclassmen game - Who ya got?

lexusooner

Reaction score
Upperclassmen
Seniors
Austin Reaves (6-5; 200; G) ... Newark, Arkansas / Wichita State
Brady Manek (6-9; 232; F) … Harrah, Oklahoma
Alondes Williams (6-5; 205; G) ... Milwaukee, Wisconsin / Triton College
Kur Kuath (6-10; 220; F) … Salt Lake City CC / Kearns, Utah

Juniors
Umoja Gibson (6'1; 168; G) ... Waco, Texas / UNT
Elijah Harkless (6'4; 195; G) ... Rialto, California / Cal State Northridge

Underclassmen

Sophomores
De'Vion Harmon (6-1; 198; G) ... Denton, Texas
Victor Iwuakor (6-7; 217; C) ... Sulphur Springs, Texas
Jalen Hill (6-7; 214; F) ... Las Vegas, Nevada

RedShirt Freshmen
Anyang Garang (6-8; 180; F) ... NBA Global Academy-Australia / Uganda
Rick Issanza (7-1; 220; C) ... Scottsdale, AZ / Kinshasa, Congo

Freshmen
Trey Phipps (6'2; 170; G) ... Tulsa, Oklahoma
Josh O'Garro (6'5; 175 G) ... Canyon Country, CA/ George Town, Cayman Islands

Well seeing as how the upperclassmen have 4 of our 5 starters, it’s really not hard

If Allondes can get 10 points a game as the 6th man off the bench that will be huge. Plus the development of Hill and Iwuakor will be a big factor in where OU finishes in the big 12.

I'm guessing the three best players are Manek, Gibson and Reaves in no specific order. If Harkless gets eligible Williams probably won't get many minutes if any. I haven't heard how he is doing this past week but Harkless was doing well prior to the Covid stuff.

I'm guessing the three best players are Manek, Gibson and Reaves in no specific order. If Harkless gets eligible Williams probably won't get many minutes if any. I haven't heard how he is doing this past week but Harkless was doing well prior to the Covid stuff.

Harmless just looks like a smart player. Well rounded, good skill set, team player, Etc. looks like a tremendous glue guy on a good team.

I wouldn’t go that far. Williams can play...

Harkless was set to redshirt for a reason.

Wow! Thanks for the info.

What is Harkless' game? Can he stroke the 3 pretty well? Is he a slasher? My question is why are they just now getting around to doing his appeal? To hear Kruger talk they did Gibson's first. Why not do both at the same time? Maybe i'm missing something.

Originally Posted by vbdad View Post

Williams not playing would be kinda surprising to me because I thought he was a really nice guard who gave coach Kruger some really good minutes last season. He flashed at times and appears to have the tools to the his game up another level.
I think he averaged over 16 min per game and started about 10 games. He had several strong showings maybe vs ISU and oSu in conference play last year and I recall he really flashed vs Miss St dialing up some 3's.... He is a plus athlete, willing defender, has decent enough handles to back-up a true PG, has a decent shot, and he can really jump out of the gym with great slam dunk finishes.
He seems like too good of a shooter to shoot only 28% from the three point line and 64% from the FT line especially after shooting 50% from the field and 40% from the three point line in JUCO.
I had Williams pegged as a guy who would really improve this year and make the jump from a 6 points per game guy to up around 10...

Originally Posted by vbdad View Post

Williams not playing would be kinda surprising to me because I thought he was a really nice guard who gave coach Kruger some really good minutes last season. He flashed at times and appears to have the tools to the his game up another level.
I think he averaged over 16 min per game and started about 10 games. He had several strong showings maybe vs ISU and oSu in conference play last year and I recall he really flashed vs Miss St dialing up some 3's.... He is a plus athlete, willing defender, has decent enough handles to back-up a true PG, has a decent shot, and he can really jump out of the gym with great slam dunk finishes.
He seems like too good of a shooter to shoot only 28% from the three point line and 64% from the FT line especially after shooting 50% from the field and 40% from the three point line in JUCO.
I had Williams pegged as a guy who would really improve this year and make the jump from a 6 points per game guy to up around 10...

Williams is a classic juco guy. Looks great on the highlight tape, but doesn't necessarily do the little things, especially defense, rebounding/boxing out, moving the ball, running sets, etc. that make him valuable to a winning team. His pick and roll defense and recovery defense are both well below average for a D-1 player.

I would bet $ that Jalen Hill had a far better +/- (or team impact) than Williams last year despite scoring less and shooting similar percentages.

Edit: Went back to +/- thread - He had the worst +/- on the team by far --

Harmon 100
Reaves 99
Manek 84
Hill 72
Doolittle 45
Iwuakor 38
Bieniemy 27
Kuath -1
Williams -26

Last edited:

Long shot he gets a waiver.

Where can you find +/- stats for college basketball?

Back