2019-20 Roster

I could see us taking a transfer that has to sit a year. Help even the classes some.

Just saw the roster from this past year....

I know we all know who's leaving but losing 10 out of 16 guys ( a couple of walk-on's that were Sr along with 2 transfers and the 6 reg players)

It'll be interesting to see how the team jells...and if we get a couple of walk-ons that can help in practice.

talked to a couple of wsu folks...

not that it matters but guess Reeves had to transfer...good for us!

Who were the WSU folks? Insiders or average fans?

I'm not saying they're wrong -- I don't have a clue -- but fans tend to make such excuses when quality players transfer, so I'd take what they said with a huge grain of salt unless they have inside knowledge.

And I'd also be curious about the reason he "had to leave." If it was anything very serious, I'm not sure I can see Coach Kruger bringing him to Norman.

I'm not saying they're wrong -- I don't have a clue -- but fans tend to make such excuses when quality players transfer, so I'd take what they said with a huge grain of salt unless they have inside knowledge.

And I'd also be curious about the reason he "had to leave." If it was anything very serious, I'm not sure I can see Coach Kruger bringing him to Norman.

concur

x 2 on that. The Shocks & OU have long, long been my co-favorite teams (I was born in Wichita if you're wondering; been following them since the Battle of New Orleans) & I have never heard anything like that. In fact, I've heard Marshall speak about it a half dozen times or so, & every time he's said that it was the one transfer in his entire coaching career that he simply did not understand. I'm having a tough time seeing him saying that if something was so concrete that Austin had to leave. GM's a pretty blunt guy.

Marshall is an idiot and crazy. I bet Reaves got tired of it..I have a couple of friends that were GAs or worked within the program and said that Reaves could never stay healthy and needed time off. Maybe that's why he decided to make the move.
Now Teddy Allen was dismissed which was a major hit for WSU this upcoming season.

x 2 on that. The Shocks & OU have long, long been my co-favorite teams (I was born in Wichita if you're wondering; been following them since the Battle of New Orleans) & I have never heard anything like that. In fact, I've heard Marshall speak about it a half dozen times or so, & every time he's said that it was the one transfer in his entire coaching career that he simply did not understand. I'm having a tough time seeing him saying that if something was so concrete that Austin had to leave. GM's a pretty blunt guy.

This is 100% accurate. Reaves left of his own accord and Marshall was stunned. As Salt City says, Marshall has publicly stated that he is the only transfer that has surprised him in his entire coaching career. Reaves is far too smart and humble to trash Marshall or WSU and I don't think he will ever disclose his reasons, but my educated guess is that there are two primary reasons -- Marshall's personality and the lack of freedom in WSU's offense. At WSU, even a great shooter like Reaves is always one bad shot from being yanked from a game. I know people on here complain that Lon gives his guys too much freedom offensively, but he does that for a reason. It breeds confidence and lets guys play loose.

yeah...I think just local fans. 1 was a college kid (sister was friends with daughter)..supposedly the daughter transferred as well....think ref to spencer rattler situation in HS.

Wasn't knocking the kid, marshall is as crazy as his wife.

Just never heard anything as to why and since wsu seemed to have more success lately overall it seemed weird.

no biggie...

Boomer...excited for the new season.

yeah...I think just local fans. 1 was a college kid (sister was friends with daughter)..supposedly the daughter transferred as well....think ref to spencer rattler situation in HS.

Wasn't knocking the kid, marshall is as crazy as his wife.

Just never heard anything as to why and since wsu seemed to have more success lately overall it seemed weird.

no biggie...

Boomer...excited for the new season.

The daughter is an interesting deal -- she just finished her first year of college in North Carolina, yet was at basically every WSU game last season. I think the family certainly takes advantage of the private jet Marshall has access to as part of his contract.

Regarding insane Lynn -- I went to the first night of TBT in Wichita two weeks ago. First off, amazing how devoted WSU fans are. They drew 7,000+ for a game in late July. We are lucky to get that for a Big 12 game against a ranked foe. But I digress . . . Gregg and Lynn are such tools and attention hounds. They waited till a few minutes into the game to walk to their seats, assuring that all eyes were on them so they could get a round of applause from the masses. Lynn was wearing what I guess was a tank top, but for all practical purposes, looked like a backless swimsuit top, and was drinking from a Bud Light bottle. No truly elite program would ever put up with that family, which is why I refuse to believe he has ever truly been a candidate at some of the schools you hear mentioned from time to time.

The daughter is an interesting deal -- she just finished her first year of college in North Carolina, yet was at basically every WSU game last season. I think the family certainly takes advantage of the private jet Marshall has access to as part of his contract.

Regarding insane Lynn -- I went to the first night of TBT in Wichita two weeks ago. First off, amazing how devoted WSU fans are. They drew 7,000+ for a game in late July. We are lucky to get that for a Big 12 game against a ranked foe. But I digress . . . Gregg and Lynn are such tools and attention hounds. They waited till a few minutes into the game to walk to their seats, assuring that all eyes were on them so they could get a round of applause from the masses. Lynn was wearing what I guess was a tank top, but for all practical purposes, looked like a backless swimsuit top, and was drinking from a Bud Light bottle. No truly elite program would ever put up with that family, which is why I refuse to believe he has ever truly been a candidate at some of the schools you hear mentioned from time to time.

lol...no doubt.

My brother coached the little bro of the guard that went to ku then transferred...old man looking kid. Some of the stories he heard about marshall and practice were crazy. Dude made Higgins look like an angle....supposedly,

My dad was in the WSU Alumni Band for the TBT, what an experience for basketball in July.

I've been hearing more and more from his donor friends that they'll getting pretty fed up with Marshall and last year was the wake up call they needed as fans. Never heard anything wrong that Reeves did, just that it was time for him to move to a better situation. Wasn't legal rumblings like after Frankramp got his DUI

My father in law has attended several practices in the last year or two. He's got some amazing stories on Marshall and how he handles himself during practices.

Shoot one day he was walking into practice and Marshall just looked at him and said nope nope..sorry coach not today, can't be here today.. lol

My dad was in the WSU Alumni Band for the TBT, what an experience for basketball in July.

I've been hearing more and more from his donor friends that they'll getting pretty fed up with Marshall and last year was the wake up call they needed as fans. Never heard anything wrong that Reeves did, just that it was time for him to move to a better situation. Wasn't legal rumblings like after Frankramp got his DUI

nothing legal...

but again it was just some local Wichita folks..the daughter did know Marshall's daughter from what they said...but it was campfire talk up in the mountains..lol.

Back