Upperclassmen vs underclassmen game - Who ya got?

I think Williams will show some improvement this year. the potential is there

Williams is a classic juco guy. Looks great on the highlight tape, but doesn't necessarily do the little things, especially defense, rebounding/boxing out, moving the ball, running sets, etc. that make him valuable to a winning team. His pick and roll defense and recovery defense are both well below average for a D-1 player.

I would bet $ that Jalen Hill had a far better +/- (or team impact) than Williams last year despite scoring less and shooting similar percentages.

Edit: Went back to +/- thread - He had the worst +/- on the team by far --

Harmon 100
Reaves 99
Manek 84
Hill 72
Doolittle 45
Iwuakor 38
Bieniemy 27
Kuath -1
Williams -26

Sounds like Williams BETTER step it up if he's going to earn minutes....

Williams is a freak athlete but he doesn’t play defense and turns it over on offense. If starts to play D and protect the ball he could be a huge plus for us.

Williams is a freak athlete but he doesn’t play defense and turns it over on offense. If starts to play D and protect the ball he could be a huge plus for us.

Jucos usually make a big improvement from their junior to their senior season, so that’s exactly what I think we’ll see.

Jucos usually make a big improvement from their junior to their senior season, so that’s exactly what I think we’ll see.

Exactly, it often times takes juco players a year to adjust to the speed of the game and the step-up in competition. Alondes has the tools, now he needs to make the mental adjustments to make a more consistent impact.

williams was much better on D toward the end of the year (this is not saying much as he was terrible the first half of the season)

i do think he has a chance to make a big leap in that area

Back