thebigabd

Reaction score
Keep in mind Baylor is playing at home.

Tweety Carter > Tommy Mason-Griffin
Lace Dunn > Willie Warren
Anthony Jones > Cade Davis
Ekpe Udoh > Tony Crocker
Josh Lomers < Tiny Gallon

I think they are better at 4 of 5 positions.... Willie is a more talented player than Lace (in terms of potential), but Lace can fill it up with the best in the country and he is playing at home. I hope Willie comes out and decides he wants to play defense, because Lace is one of the top 5 shot-makers in college basketball.

I am not sure how OU can play with the "small ball" lineup against Baylor, because Crocker has no chance around the rim or on the glass against the size and talent they have. Fitzgerald and Orlando are going to have to play, and play well. Hopefully Wright can come in and give OU 6-7 rebounds.

I don't like the matchup, and if OU wins this game Baylor may not ever beat Oklahoma. It will prove some kind of curse was placed on the Bears, lol.

Thoughts?

I will agree, if Baylor gets swept by us this year they may never win. I think they are a lot better than us, but I never count out Scott Drew to screw it up.

Dont see why Tony can't match up with Loomers, just got to hope Tiny can stay out of foul trouble.

So if we beat them it won't be because of how we played? It will be because Drew screwed it up correctly. I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

So if we beat them it won't be because of how we played? It will be because Drew screwed it up correctly. I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Probably a little bit of both but mostly the latter. :ez-laugh:

Keep in mind Baylor is playing at home.

Lace Dunn > Willie Warren
Anthony Jones > Cade Davis
Ekpe Udoh > Tony Crocker

I think they are better at 4 of 5 positions.... Willie is a more talented player than Lace (in terms of potential), but Lace can fill it up with the best in the country and he is playing at home. I hope Willie comes out and decides he wants to play defense, because Lace is one of the top 5 shot-makers in college basketball.

I am not sure how OU can play with the "small ball" lineup against Baylor, because Crocker has no chance around the rim or on the glass against the size and talent they have. Fitzgerald and Orlando are going to have to play, and play well. Hopefully Wright can come in and give OU 6-7 rebounds.

I don't like the matchup, and if OU wins this game Baylor may not ever beat Oklahoma. It will prove some kind of curse was placed on the Bears, lol.

Thoughts?

IMO the only guy with a clear advantage for Baylor is Udoh, only because Tony is not a PF. No one in their right mind would take Lace Dunn over WW, and I mean, no one! Offensively, TMG is playing as well as any PG in the country of late. Sure we are not a good defensive team but neither is Baylor. I am not sayin OU will win this game but if we decide to play defense, we can match-up with anyone in the Big 12, outside of KU and Texass.

Tiny- to say Baylor is a poor defensive team is an uninformed comment. Baylor is pretty good defensively. 1st in the big12 in rebounding margin, blocked shots and up there in def FG %- under 35%. Their length wears teams down in 2nd half as you can see if you check some box scores. Not your mama's Baylor.

Why would it be Scott Drew's fault if OU beats Baylor? OU is better. They have 3 McDonald's All-Americans. OU was picked 3rd and Baylor was picked 10th preseason. Baylor should lose to OU. Conference is a whole new ball game.

TMG has great stats for a freshman and will be a better player in the end but tweety is playing great ball
Lace Dunn < Willie Warren
WW has better stats. This is an easy one
Anthony Jones = Cade Davis
This one is a push for me. Simply b/c of his hustle and defense. also maybe a little bias :)
Ekpe Udoh > Tony Crocker
This one is a no brainer. Udoh is ridiculous
This is also a no brainer

Sb13, these are my assessments exactly.

As far as who will win, I have no idea. There is simply no way to know who is going to show up for our team at the moment. If we show up with some intensity and focus, we will win. If we don't, we won't. Anything in between, and who knows?

Why would it be Scott Drew's fault if OU beats Baylor? OU is better. They have 3 McDonald's All-Americans. OU was picked 3rd and Baylor was picked 10th preseason. Baylor should lose to OU. Conference is a whole new ball game.

Those statements prove there are at least two sane people on this board.
:)

Why are we just comparing starters when it comes to match-ups? Their bench is much deeper than ours, especially in the post. If you think OU has a match-up advantage over Baylor, you must be drunk.

OU can definitely win this game, but on paper, this isn't a good match-up.

Why are we just comparing starters when it comes to match-ups? Their bench is much deeper than ours, especially in the post. If you think OU has a match-up advantage over Baylor, you must be drunk.OU can definitely win this game, but on paper, this isn't a good match-up.

Only Howard or Eddie would be drunk at 9:55 AM on a work week Thursday.

No one in their right mind would take Lace Dunn over WW, and I mean, no one!

I would take 4 years of Lace Dunn over 2 years of Willie Warren, any day. Also, Willie isn't doing anything better other than passing right now than Lace. At the college level their impacts are pretty similar, with Lace being a much better shooter.

TMG is playing as well as any PG in the country of late.

Tweety Carter is a senior averaging 16 points, 6.5 assists, and 3 rebounds per game. He is also shooting over 42% from the 3pt line. I am not saying TMG isnt good and isnt playing well, but Tweety Carter is a very talented, seasoned veteran playing FANTASTIC basketball this year. No comparison right now, IMO.

This one is a push for me. Simply b/c of his hustle and defense. also maybe a little bias

Anthony Jones is a 6'9'' wing that shoots 50% from the 3pt line, and averages 7 and 6 as the 4th option on offense. I don't know who would take Cade Davis over him, lol.

OU needs to come out and shoot the lights out to win this game, IMO.

I would take 4 years of Lace Dunn over 2 years of Willie Warren, any day. Also, Willie isn't doing anything better other than passing right now than Lace. At the college level their impacts are pretty similar, with Lace being a much better shooter.

i thought we were comparing player matchups...not who would you rather have?

Anthony Jones is a 6'9'' wing that shoots 50% from the 3pt line, and averages 7 and 6 as the 4th option on offense. I don't know who would take Cade Davis over him, lol.
Good thing I didn't pick Cade then
OU needs to come out and shoot the lights out to win this game, IMO.

Back