6 on 6

Seems like a lot of congestion to me.

I remember at UIC we had to play 5 on 7 to work on beating a press, etc., and it was always so congested.

What?

It was 3 on 3 on both ends. There was little congestion.

What?

It was 3 on 3 on both ends. There was little congestion.
Gotcha. Shows how unfamiliar I am with "6 on 6"

This is the first time in my life I've heard of such a thing.

I remember seeing Crystal Robinson from Atoka play 6 on 6 ball, 3 girls on the defensive end just wasn't enough to stop her.

When she got to college they found out 5 wasn't enough to stop her either.

6 on 6 probably seems very archaic to some of you but in my opinion, it was exciting basketball.

I joked with my wife the other day that that game would be perfect for me (the up and down a full court - not so much these days). It made me want to see some video of it though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKnh662FKbs"]video[/ame]

The games were pretty fun, and yes, the atmosphere at some of the small-school games was really impressive. It was all quite silly, however, and it is good that we have moved on.

My mom played 6 on 6 in the early 70's in Oilton... that is the only reason I know that it exists

My dad coached 6 on 6 and swears that girls basketball fundamentals went out the door when it switched to 5 on 5.

Your dad is right on with his thinking. The 6 on 6 player was much more fundamentally sound than 5 on 5 players are.

Back