#7 OU @ KSU 8pm CST on ESPN2

Kansas State was 6-18 coming into tonight. They lost to Fort Hays State which I didn’t know was a school. I simply can’t get over the fact that we lost to them. It’s incomprehensible.

I have nothing against the guy on a personal level, but he has been awful this season. Do you disagree? He’s 2/14 in the last two games against the two worst teams in the conference.

Consistency has been an issue this year.

Wasn’t Lon’s fault that we couldn’t hit any 3s and turned it over a lot.

Is it Lon’s fault he loses every year to ksu? Even the worst ksu team ever? Is it charity for his alma Mater?

It’s certainly something to do with Lon.

we just lost to the team ranked 180 in RPI and 208 in the NET. This is a horrible quad 4 loss.

Some AP voter from KC had us ranked 22 in his ballot this week. OU fans on Twitter were dragging the guy to no end. Could it be that he wasn’t that far off?

Good teams have duds. OU is still gonna be a good seed. We have a good resume with some great wins in a hard conference. It’s not the end of the world.

But WOWWWWW I really shouldn’t watch OU play at KSU until Lon leaves. It’s the exact same mess every year, and this is a new low.

4-20 from 3 makes us capable of losing to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a disaster of a loss. There goes the Top 10 ranking. There goes the hope of a 2-seed. Ranked teams have come into Bramlage all year long and beaten the Wildcats like rented mules. Not us, we go in there and play timid, lethargic and uninspired basketball. I do not understand it. All these goals in front of us and we lay the biggest egg in the hen house.

I am so disappointed. I thought this would be the year. No, we go get beat by a team that just snapped its 13-game losing streak. K-State's last win in Bramlage was against Omaha. By two.

Damn.

I’m starting to think Lon is contractually obligated to lose in Manhattan, Ks.

Been playing with fire for a few games now. Hopefully this is a reality check. These guys aren't good enough to just coast to easy wins. Gotta get that underdog mentality back.

I’m starting to think Lon is contractually obligated to lose in Manhattan, Ks.

Maybe he'll change things up next year and coach the game via Zoom call. Couldn't hoyt!

Last edited:
4-20 from 3 makes us capable of losing to anyone.

especially if you're a team with zero post scoring ability, oh well hopefully can bounce back this weekend, gonna stop being a downer now...

especially if you're a team with zero post scoring ability, oh well hopefully can bounce back this weekend, gonna stop being a downer now...

When we are awful from the perimeter we should perhaps run some plays inside and feed Kur the ball and see if he could use his length and slam down some dunks.

Yes. That is part of my point.

When we are awful from the perimeter we should perhaps run some plays inside and feed Kur the ball and see if he could use his length and slam down some dunks.

i know its not just a Lon at OU problem thing basketball is now totally built around living by the 3 and dying by the 3 and tonight too many guys had nothing to contribute offensively without the 3 point shot

Last edited:
Dropped from Lunardi's #9 overall seed to #12, so still on the 3 line. Plenty of chances to make up for tonight down the stretch.

Why do so many people here hate Reaves? He’s the only player on this team who can create ANY offense.

This game was peak Lon Kruger. It shouldn’t be surprising at all to anybody who has paid any bit of attention for the last decade. Lon CANNOT beat this garbage K-State program, no matter how good we are or how bad they are. It is always the same. There is quite clearly something mental with him coaching against his alma mater and it is frustrating as hell. Not to mention the fact that he just lets opponents go on 11-0 runs with 3 minutes left when we have THREE TIME OUTS and he won’t call one.

Why do so many people here hate Reaves? He’s the only player on this team who can create ANY offense.

This game was peak Lon Kruger. It shouldn’t be surprising at all to anybody who has paid any bit of attention for the last decade. Lon CANNOT beat this garbage K-State program, no matter how good we are or how bad they are. It is always the same. There is quite clearly something mental with him coaching against his alma mater and it is frustrating as hell. Not to mention the fact that he just lets opponents go on 11-0 runs with 3 minutes left when we have THREE TIME OUTS and he won’t call one.

He actually has gotten better on calling TO’s during opp’s runs... but def not tonight. That was vintage LK...

Back