A little more TJones news

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
According to theshiver (what a ridiculous name for a website),

Terrence Jones has dropped KU and Arizona, and will decide between OU, Washington, Oregon, Kentucky, and UCLA.
Source Link

Man he would be a GREAT get for this program.

This news tells me that OU is recruiting him as a guard. KU and AZ have no post prospects better than TJ.

This news tells me that OU is recruiting him as a guard. KU and AZ have no post prospects better than TJ.

Isn't Jones more a hybrid wing anyways? Like a Carmello type. I don't see him as a true post.

Jones is a textbook point forward/wing.

Man, I sure hope we land him because I am drooling thinking about the impact he could have for our program.

Isn't Jones more a hybrid wing anyways? Like a Carmello type. I don't see him as a true post.

He's a hybrid, but he's going to defend 4s and not 3s or 2s. I think he's looking for a ballhandling role and at KU and AZ, he's not going to get that.

I've never understood why people call him a 4. Have you seen (on video) the way he handles & shoots the ball? He's just a really tall (and skilled) small forward. I haven't seen much video of Barnes, but Jones' videos are the most impressive I've seen of any recruit.

I've never understood why people call him a 4. Have you seen (on video) the way he handles & shoots the ball? He's just a really tall (and skilled) small forward. I haven't seen much video of Barnes, but Jones' videos are the most impressive I've seen of any recruit.

We havent saw him defend. And defending a 4 who he'll be quick enough and strong enough to guard is alot different from defending 6'3 small forwards and 6'1 SGs.

He's a hybrid, but he's going to defend 4s and not 3s or 2s. I think he's looking for a ballhandling role and at KU and AZ, he's not going to get that.

So you think Capel wants him to play guard but defend the 4?
That doesn't make sense. He's a 3/4.

I think the reason a lot of us think of him as a 4 is because Capel has said he likes to play 4-out and 1 in, as well as the fact that we have a lot of guards and not a lot of post-men on the roster and coming in.

Basically we think that the lineup could look like this if Jones comes to OU.

G (TMG)
G (Pledger/Taylor/Cade/Willis)
G (Clark)
F Terrance Jones
C (Tiny/Orlando)

I'm just worried about the rebounds in the lineup, I know Cam is pretty good at hitting the boards but will Tiny and Terrance help him out?

I think the reason a lot of us think of him as a 4 is because Capel has said he likes to play 4-out and 1 in, as well as the fact that we have a lot of guards and not a lot of post-men on the roster and coming in.

Basically we think that the lineup could look like this if Jones comes to OU.

G (TMG)
G (Pledger/Taylor/Cade/Willis)
G (Clark)
F Terrance Jones
C (Tiny/Orlando)

That's exactly the lineup I was thinking. No way Terrence Jones plays guard.

I'm just worried about the rebounds in the lineup, I know Cam is pretty good at hitting the boards but will Tiny and Terrance help him out?
Huh? Tiny is a good rebounder. Jones will be a good rebounder out of the 4 position. That's a big lineup.

So you think Capel wants him to play guard but defend the 4?
That doesn't make sense. He's a 3/4.

I think he'll let him handle the ball as a forward. He did some with blake.

Maybe Henzo can shine some light on this for us, but a guy that I talk to says that Terrence will get the chance to actually play some back-up PG at OU. The kid is that good....

Maybe Henzo can shine some light on this for us, but a guy that I talk to says that Terrence will get the chance to actually play some back-up PG at OU. The kid is that good....

I have no doubts he can do it offensively. Can he stay in front of 5'10 guys defensively is the question.

I have no doubts he can do it offensively. Can he stay in front of 5'10 guys defensively is the question.

Aint many 5'10" guys playing upper-crust D-1 ball, TMG being an exception--and he's wearing Crimson and Cream. I don't see it as a problem.

If anything, you might see someone else guard the PG on D and T Jones will be the PG on O.

whatever he plays is talent in Norman along w/ the others already committed would be unreal. Man, would that be something to see. We have to get this kind of impact player to get over the hump w/ KU & TX and what they bring in yr after yr!

I can't imagine a 6 footer trying to guard him at the point. He will make teams very frustrated. I think he will be more like Lebron, a small forward that can run the 1 and defend the 4. He will get the attention of the best defensive player at all times.

He would handle the ball far more under coach Capel than Blake did. One of the key reasons Oklahoma is doing so well in his recruiting process is that they are recruiting him to play on the wing rather than in the post. As you said earlier, he'll guard the four, but his strength is from outside-in. He'd spend most of his time on the perimeter and, as BigTime said, he'd handle the ball quite a bit for the Sooners.

He would handle the ball far more under coach Capel than Blake did. One of the key reasons Oklahoma is doing so well in his recruiting process is that they are recruiting him to play on the wing rather than in the post. As you said earlier, he'll guard the four, but his strength is from outside-in. He'd spend most of his time on the perimeter and, as BigTime said, he'd handle the ball quite a bit for the Sooners.

Jones, and Clark, would also look nice on the back wings in Capel's 2-3 zone with Tiny in the paint. But yeah, he could be on the wing in Capel's four-in, one-out offense and guard the other team's four when we're in man defense.

Back