Arizona to have an in home visit with James Johnson on September 9th.

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
According to a free interview over on Pointguardu.com. Guys, I found this part of the article very fishy. Aren't there violations for schools doing things like putting recruits pictures on scoreboards, lockerrooms, and stuff? Tell me what you think of this:

Ted Johnson told Point Guard U that Arizona rolled out the red carpet for them. He expected a lot because he knows Arizona is a great program but they exceeded his expectations. "They had a program with James picture on it and the itinerary for the day on it. It made us feel special. It almost felt like an official visit. As soon as we got there Coach Sean Miller was so high energy, it was great."

-------------------------
Source Link

Here is the interview:

Point Guard U spoke with James Johnson Tuesday night from his home north of San Diego. Arizona is back in the hunt for James Johnson even though they were never out of it. However, in the recruiting game you can be out of it with one unknown visit to Florida International.
[coverattach=1]
Ted Johnson told Pointguard U that Arizona will be the first in home visit for James Johnson on September 9th. Followed by ASU the 10th and Georgia Tech on the 15th. The Johnson's will be flying standby this weekend to visit Oklahoma and participate in OU's Elite Camp. They will try to make it to OSU the following day if time permits. James has school on Monday and they really don't want him missing school.

Ted Johnson told Point Guard U that Arizona rolled out the red carpet for them. He expected a lot because he knows Arizona is a great program but they exceeded his expectations. "They had a program with James picture on it and the itinerary for the day on it. It made us feel special. It almost felt like an official visit. As soon as we got there Coach Sean Miller was so high energy, it was great."

"Coach Miller toured all the facilities with us. At the end he broke down film of what he had done for Xavier big men. Most of whom were relatively unknown before they got to Xavier. If he could do that for those guys then I imagined what he could do for James. Arizona is going to make the decision very tough for us. It's a first class program"

Ted Johnson then told PointGuardU that James had said "Now I don't even want to go to Oklahoma". Ted Johnson knew he was joking but knew what he meant. If the Arizona schools had this waiting for them, Oklahoma is very likely going to be just as welcoming. Thus, making this an extremely difficult decision.

Ted Johnson told Point Guard U that Coach Sendek did a great job as well up in Tempe for James. Johnson said "Coach Herb takes a little longer to get into it then Coach Miller but once he did we were impressed"

It was great talking to Ted Johnson after we spoke with James Johnson last week in Portland http://pointguardu.com/cats/showthread.php?t=47774.

One reason I love doing this is talking to the parents. No matter how many times I hear how much a parent has sacrificed for there son, it moves me. Ted Johnson moved from Canada to San Diego just for James. The coaches in Canada told him it's not a question of if James gets to the next level. They advised him that James should be playing in the US. Ted Johnson is a former coach that use to work for Southwest Airlines. He's been unemployed since November and flying standby on Southwest to get to Oklahoma this weekend. They are hoping to see James grandparents that live near Norman while visiting Oklahoma. All for one reason. James Johnson. You gotta love college basketball.

Recruiting notes taken from conversation with Ted Johnson:

"Oklahoma was in very early on James. They offered him a scholarship right from the beginning"

"We hadn't heard from UCLA in a while. But there back in it now"

"We only want to take 3 of the 5 official visits"

Pointguard U wants to thanks Ted Johnson and James Johnson for there time.

Anyone know someone they could pass this along to? (i.e. someone who would know and could possibly have the right channels to take if need be)

Anyone know someone they could pass this along to? (i.e. someone who would know and could possibly have the right channels to take if need be)

I passed it along to someone at OU. It may not a be a violation, but it seems pretty sketchy to me.

It's hard not to feel confident about Johnson after reading OUHoops' story about him.

Back