Best guard in OU's history

Anthony Bowie had a great pro career like Blaylock. If I were ranking it purely on College performance I would go Blaylock and Hollis. Brent Price would be in the discussion too along with Terry Evans.

Bowie had a triple-double off the bench for the Magic in the early-mid 90's.

a very underrated Sooner. but, that whole 85 team is pretty underrated minus Tis. they are one basket away from the Final Four in a VERY competitive era for NCAA hoops.

Bowie had a triple-double off the bench for the Magic in the early-mid 90's.

a very underrated Sooner. but, that whole 85 team is pretty underrated minus Tis. they are one basket away from the Final Four in a VERY competitive era for NCAA hoops.

Awe yes, the infamous triple double.

I sure did like Hollis Price but I am shocked to see people debate this. Mookie was a much better player. I totally disagree that Stacy King was the primary shooter in either 1988 or 1989. In fact, I would contend part of what made those teams great is that there was not a primary shooter or go to guy. Stacy King was an All American but he had a very nice cast of players with him both years he excelled.

Guards that deserve to be in the conversation with Hollis Price: Ricky Grace, Terry Evans, Skeeter Henry, Brent Price (honestly he was clearly better than Hollis Price), Corey Brewer, Nolan Johnson (he was individually dominant his senior year), and Nate Erdman. I mean zero disrespect to Hollis Price. If I had to make a list of all time favorite OU players Hollis is easily on that list, I just don't think he was the best guard in OU history.

Back