Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

OU and TCU both have work left to do.

Texas beating those two teams on the road goes every bit as far as our home win over BYU. Last night notwithstanding, BYU hasn't been a good road team. The committee has always valued road wins far more than home wins. We still don't have a road or neutral win against a team that will make the field.
You must be a lot of fun at parties, by the way.

You must be a lot of fun at parties, by the way.
Did you just invent that saying all by yourself?

Again, how stupid of me to add insight to a thread. I should know by now that the only acceptable reply to your comment for the board police would be something like "you are right, we have the best resume in the country and have two of the best wins in the history of college basketball. Looking good for a top four seed."

I watched the byu ku game....

man, ku chocked it away. LOL...up 12 shooting double bonus EARLY in the 2nd half while only having 4 team fouls. HILARIOUS...

I did notice, much like our last game with the pokes. Ku got the ball at the end of the first half with about 31/32 secs left or maybe 33. After a made bucket by byu. ku's big guy purposely told the inbounder to wait..until under 30. He motioned him to not throw the ball in...then after the clock hit 30 he did.

Thinking this will be a trend...the "rules" committee will need to look at.

man, ku chocked it away. LOL...up 12 shooting double bonus EARLY in the 2nd half while only having 4 team fouls. HILARIOUS...

I did notice, much like our last game with the pokes. Ku got the ball at the end of the first half with about 31/32 secs left or maybe 33. After a made bucket by byu. ku's big guy purposely told the inbounder to wait..until under 30. He motioned him to not throw the ball in...then after the clock hit 30 he did.

That’s a lot different from our game. You have 5s to throw it in. OSU screwed around for more than 5s and then after finally stepping completely out of bounds to throw it in he threw the ball to the ref. The ref should have moved out of the way.

And then karma came calling.

It happens a lot, and I think more teams are catching onto it.

What did you guys think of the technical on Dickinson and the BYU guy? Didn't it seem that Dickinson instigated the entire thing?

Also, Robinson from BYU is way better than I thought he was, I know Porter took a look last off-season but Robinson impressed me last night (full disclosure, I haven't seen them play a ton).

What did you guys think of the technical on Dickinson and the BYU guy? Didn't it seem that Dickinson instigated the entire thing?

Also, Robinson from BYU is way better than I thought he was, I know Porter took a look last off-season but Robinson impressed me last night (full disclosure, I haven't seen them play a ton).
I didn't see the exact exchange...BUT there was a late call on byu (blocking foul) against dickinson who was running down...about the 3 pt line. I thought the byu guy was just standing there waiting to play def and dickinson ran into him...but they called byu. The byu guy thought the same thing. lol

That’s a lot different from our game. You have 5s to throw it in. OSU screwed around for more than 5s and then after finally stepping completely out of bounds to throw it in he threw the ball to the ref. The ref should have moved out of the way.
ah, didn't see the exact clock, just notice dickinson motioning him to NOT throw the ball in and knew it was over the shot clock

Texas had a bad loss. I might give you TCU, but I think they’re a lock.
On ESPN's bubble watch, they list teams as "locks", "should be in", and "work to do". The true bubble teams are pretty much all in the "work to do" category. OU, TCU, and Texas are all in the "should be in" category.....meaning if the season ended today, they would be in. However, with a bad stretch or finish, teams can certainly slip from the "should be in" tier down to the "work to do" tier. If OU wins one more game, they may move to "lock" status depending on who they beat. But two wins definitely locks them and they are playing for seeding at that point.

IMO this is our path and I'm including regular season and Big 12 tourney:
OU wins only 1 more - 9/10 seed or one of the last four byes
OU wins 2 - 7/8 seed (again it depends on who we beat)
OU wins 3 - at worst a 7 seed and likely a 6 seed
OU wins 4 - we are sniffing 5 seed territory at that point

Robinson is from Ada (@AdaSooner). He, Trey Alexander, and Bijan were in the same class but I think Robinson graduated early. Bryce Thompson was in the previous class, as well. The fact ou only got Bijan out to those 4 was very disappointing for me.

Brownell can eabod. The big12 is not doing anything differently than other conferences. There are teams within every conference who have far more difficult non-con schedules than other teams in the same conference.

Why hasn’t espn done a piece on the sec and its 8 game conference schedule in football? They replaced a guaranteed loss for 50% of the conference with automatic wins against the citadel. That is artificially pumping up your conference rankings.

Robinson is from Ada (@AdaSooner). He, Trey Alexander, and Bijan were in the same class but I think Robinson graduated early. Bryce Thompson was in the previous class, as well. The fact ou only got Bijan out to those 4 was very disappointing for me.
He did graduate early and went to A&M, then to Arky last year. I thought he was a wash out but he's done well at BYU.

Brownell can eabod. The big12 is not doing anything differently than other conferences. There are teams within every conference who have far more difficult non-con schedules than other teams in the same conference.

Why hasn’t espn done a piece on the sec and its 8 game conference schedule in football? They replaced a guaranteed loss for 50% of the conference with automatic wins against the citadel. That is artificially pumping up your conference rankings.
ESPN and many others joke about the SEC football schedule and how all the teams essentially have a bye week when they play a terrible opponent in late November. But if you watch the entire segment, you’ll see that SVP doesn’t kill the Big 12 at all. He says it’s the best league and closes the segment by noting that every other league could do the same thing.

Baylor is playing their best ball of the year. Pretty much dominated the game vs Kansas. Kansas is in a must win game vs Kansas State or they probably end up going 9-9 in conference.

Back