Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

Have they said what the SEC tournament bracket will look like next year? All teams make it in?

Do they always play in Nashville, or do they move it around? Really hoping they move their championship games around. Football will be tough, but I'd love to see it rotate between 2-3 venues. Same with basketball really. As the conference becomes more spread out, they need to make sure all fans have some years where travel is easier for them to see these events.

Have they said what the SEC tournament bracket will look like next year? All teams make it in?

Do they always play in Nashville, or do they move it around? Really hoping they move their championship games around. Football will be tough, but I'd love to see it rotate between 2-3 venues. Same with basketball really. As the conference becomes more spread out, they need to make sure all fans have some years where travel is easier for them to see these events.

Everyone makes it, the top 4 get the double bye. And it looks like it is in Nashville through at least 2030.

It's usually in Nashville, and as Wichita said, it's booked there until 2030. They've moved it around..it's been in Tampa a couple of times, it was in St Louis once, it's been in Atlanta a few times.

The SEC likes Nashville. It's a fun town that's accessible to a lot of the conference (especially Kentucky). The arena and a lot of entertainment is downtown.

It's usually in Nashville, and as Wichita said, it's booked there until 2030. They've moved it around..it's been in Tampa a couple of times, it was in St Louis once, it's been in Atlanta a few times.

The SEC likes Nashville. It's a fun town that's accessible to a lot of the conference (especially Kentucky). The arena and a lot of entertainment is downtown.
I'm selfish. It's hard for me to get away at all that time of the year, but something closer (Tulsa, OKC, Dallas, KC) is a lot easier than Nashville, Tampa, or Atlanta.

Same with the football CCG. I get why it's likely to be in Atlanta for a while (maybe a long while), but I can still complain about wanting a closer option.

It'll be the same with smaller sports. Would love the baseball postseason to make it's way West at some point.

We might need one more round of expansion before they consider that. If the SEC ends up adding a few more teams from out this direction, they might have more incentive to move a CCG/postseason out this way. I guess in the mean time places like Nashville and Atlanta aren't terrible. Need to get UNLV into the SEC. :)

I'm selfish. It's hard for me to get away at all that time of the year, but something closer (Tulsa, OKC, Dallas, KC) is a lot easier than Nashville, Tampa, or Atlanta.

Same with the football CCG. I get why it's likely to be in Atlanta for a while (maybe a long while), but I can still complain about wanting a closer option.

It'll be the same with smaller sports. Would love the baseball postseason to make it's way West at some point.

We might need one more round of expansion before they consider that. If the SEC ends up adding a few more teams from out this direction, they might have more incentive to move a CCG/postseason out this way. I guess in the mean time places like Nashville and Atlanta aren't terrible. Need to get UNLV into the SEC. :)
They're going to have to move one of the big championship events to Dallas every once in a while. The Big 12 tournament didn't go over so well there, but that was almost 20 years ago. Arkansas took over Dallas for the SWC tournament back in the day, and they'd do it for the SEC. Kentucky won't travel as well to Dallas as they do to Nashville or Atlanta, but they'll travel well enough. Football will be in Atlanta for a while. Likewise, baseball has been in Hoover, Alabama (Birmingham) for a while, and will probably remain there.

Boynton’s buyout is pretty high isn’t it? I think he gets 1 more year.
He's been there 7 years now and only 1 NCAA Tournament bid and really only had 1 other team that should have made the tournament. I doubt he gets another year.

I hope they start moving the SEC tourney around again. I’d like to see it in New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, and even OKC.

He's been there 7 years now and only 1 NCAA Tournament bid and really only had 1 other team that should have made the tournament. I doubt he gets another year.
It'd be cheaper for them to raise $ for more NIL than to buy him out this year.

He'll stay one more year.

OU has a path to 7 (and 6 actually)

OU wins out ..
and BYU loses tonight to ISU (very possible) and BYU loses @ osu sat (not impossible) or tcu loses out and OU is 7

Both happen and OU is 6
only 3 options now

a loss and OU is 9

a win and a byu win OU is 8

a win and a byu loss to okstate and OU is the 7 seed

only 3 options now

a loss and OU is 9

a win and a byu win OU is 8

a win and a byu loss to okstate and OU is the 7 seed
Yea the immediate rematch with Texas looks highly likely. It would suck to lose to them twice in a four-day span. If I had to pick, I’d prefer beating them in KC to give us another game against Houston. We’d be unlikely to win, but it at least gives us another opportunity to pick up a huge W. Plus, we have to start playing better in our conference tournament.

Yea the immediate rematch with Texas looks highly likely. It would suck to lose to them twice in a four-day span. If I had to pick, I’d prefer beating them in KC to give us another game against Houston. We’d be unlikely to win, but it at least gives us another opportunity to pick up a huge W. Plus, we have to start playing better in our conference tournament.
The injury situation for both teams is a wildcard right now. McCollum/Soares for us and Disu for them. My guess is that if we end up winning in Austin and Disu doesn't play in that game.....then we will definitely see him in KC.

The injury situation for both teams is a wildcard right now. McCollum/Soares for us and Disu for them. My guess is that if we end up winning in Austin and Disu doesn't play in that game.....then we will definitely see him in KC.

Hugley will be out this weekend, as well.

Probably in my head but I don’t think there has been near enough mention of the dire injury situation ou has been dealing with the past 3 weeks. On the other hand, I have tuned into ku, ut, houston, etc, and the announcers are very quick to mention the injury situation for those teams. Either mention all of the injuries or don’t mention any.

Hugley will be out this weekend, as well.

Probably in my head but I don’t think there has been near enough mention of the dire injury situation ou has been dealing with the past 3 weeks. On the other hand, I have tuned into ku, ut, houston, etc, and the announcers are very quick to mention the injury situation for those teams. Either mention all of the injuries or don’t mention any.
They definitely mentioned our situation a lot during the one game (KU) we played without Soares and Hugley, and they obviously focused on McCollum being out Tuesday. Other than that, we have played three or four games without a backup big. Not exactly the same as KU missing the leading scorer in the league who was in the running for conference POY till he started missing games. And Houston has multiple guys out with season ending injuries, and also had to play without Roberts for part of our game. They are a national title contender dealing with serious injuries. Us missing a backup who plays less than 20 minutes a game isn't "dire"; it is the kind of thing most teams deal with. And they do mention it -- they talk about Northweather playing more because we are missing Hugley.

If UCF beats TCU this weekend (game is in Ft Worth, so unlikely but hey...) and texass beats us, texass moves up to the 7 seed, and we play TCU in the 8/9 game.

On the bright side Kansas is down 24-7 to Houston @ the 9 minute mark. This is the worst team Kansas Self has probably ever had.

Last edited:
Back