Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

It may have been mentioned in another thread (sorry not sorry), but KU will be resting both McCullar and Dickinson in KC. Probably a smart move regarding the Big Tournament, but you rarely see the Bill Self "give up".
They have a weird relationship with the Big 12 tourney. It always has been a distant third to Self, behind the Big 12 regular season and the NCAA tourney. Since they aren't competing for a number 1 seed this season, and with McCullar having been hurt for several weeks now, I think he is willing to sacrifice this week if it means they will be healthier by next Thursday/Friday. But you're right, it takes a lot for him to not at least try to win. Of course, the worst case scenario for those who can't stand KU would be if one or two of their bench guys play really well in KC and it helps them in the NCAA tourney. I dread seeing them win a game in the NCAA because Timberlake finally comes alive.

turning this into the BIG 12 tourney thread ..

UCF up 15 on osu early second half .. on ESPN+

OSU looking like they are in a hurry to get out of there. This is about how we looked last year against them in KC.

It's easy for me to say since it isn't my money but if I'm OK St, I'd pull the plug. I bet there's a way to get the buyout reduced or negotiated and spread out.
OSU may have made the calculation to be a football school in a basketball conference. Why invest in a basketball buyout when you can put that money into football?

Of course, you can spread that buyout over multiple years, Bobby Bonilla-style. This is the best job Mike Boynton will ever have. He may as well benefit from it over a long period of time.

Today's B12 slate:

using central time because a) it's the best time b) most of the B12 resides in the cst zone

11:30 am

UCF vs (#20) BYU

BYU -6 | -250 BYU/+210 UCF ML | O/U 146.5

2:00 pm

Oklahoma vs TCU

TCU -2 | -140 TCU/+120 OU ML | O/U 144.5

Notable injuries:

G/F Rivaldo Soares (OU) & F/C John Hugley (OU) - OUT

6:00 pm

Kansas State vs Texas

Texas -5 | Texas -195/KState +165 ML | O/U 142.5

8:30 pm

Cincinnati vs (#16) Kansas

Cincinnati -2.5 | Cincy -145/Kansas +125 ML | O/U 136.5

Notable injuries:

F/C Hunter Dickinson (KU) & G/F Kevin McCullar Jr (KU) - OUT
F/C Viktor Lakhim (UC) - QUESTIONABLE

Game 1 tipping off.

Common sense says BYU but UCF is a tough team. Their coach is on the hot seat.

Back