Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

acc and big 10 playing conference games this early in december just ain’t right. i hate it. which guarantees the sec will start doing it next year.

Really good game going on in DC. Georgetown up 3 on TCU with 1:38 to play. I didn't Ed Cooley was at Georgetown. Seems no better than a lateral move from Providence.

Wow Miller from TCU hits a crazy 3 right at the buzzer to win. But he actually stepped out of bounds before the shot, but it can't be overturned because the call wasn't made on the court live, thus it isn't reversable after the play.

KSU, a 19.5-point favorite, beat North Alabama by 1 point in OT, 75-74.

KSU, a 19.5-point favorite, beat North Alabama by 1 point in OT, 75-74.

KSU apparently loves OT. Three in a row and fourth overall. And they hit a 3 at the end to win in OT again over Nova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kansas State played their 3rd straight OT game. Won it on a cross over shot vs Nova.

Toby Rowland just said in the postgame that there are 14 undefeated teams left in the country. Six of them are in the Big 12.

Toby Rowland just said in the postgame that there are 14 undefeated teams left in the country. Six of them are in the Big 12.

That's insane...I really hope we can beat either Arkansas or NC this month. We'll need all the OOC wins we can get with this bloodbath of a conference schedule we're about to face.

If we win one of Arkansas or UNC, we’ll have 4 non-con wins against bubble or better teams. Get to 8-10 in conference, and we’re a lock.

Also, we’ve only had one game that we won by single digits, right?

BYU, Baylor, Texas, Kansas, Houston and maybe OU could be top 10 teams this year from the Big 12.

I get bagging on Boynton but Moser hasn't been any better. Although Boynton being in his 7th year makes it worse.

Overall (big 12)
Moser: 57% (33%)
Boynton: 54% (46%)

I get bagging on Boynton but Moser hasn't been any better. Although Boynton being in his 7th year makes it worse.

Overall (big 12)

Boynton has had more than enough time to build whatever he wants to build. Moser really only has really had to portal his way through. And this team will be a top 5 Big 12 team at least.

I left the room just before halftime of the Marquette vs Texas game and the two teams were neck and neck. Marquette had a lead of 9 that Texas had erased. When I came back in the room just before halftime, Marquest was leading by 11. With 11:00 to go in the game, Marquette leads 62-36!

Here's a hot take....according to the metrics (I used Kenpom, Bart Torvik, and Haslametrics)...Texas is pretty much a bubble team this year. And it has nothing to do with tonight....Marquette is going to roll a lot of teams at home. But Texas' best non-conference win will either end up being against LSU on a neutral or UNC-Greensboro at home. They barely escaped against a bad Louisville team and the only two good teams they've actually played (UCONN and Marquette), they lose by double-digits...one of those a blowout.

It's early December and I'm certainly not saying Texas is in danger of missing the tournament....they have a helluva alot of talent. And they are going to have more than plenty of chances for Q-1/Q-2 wins in the Big 12, but they had better plan on playing better against the better teams on their schedule. And I'm not sold on their coach either. I've seen them play five or so games this year and something is a little off with them.

Overall (big 12)

Year 3 vs year 7.

Final 4 vs 1 tournament 1 w/ #1 pick

Here's a hot take....according to the metrics (I used Kenpom, Bart Torvik, and Haslametrics)...Texas is pretty much a bubble team this year. And it has nothing to do with tonight....Marquette is going to roll a lot of teams at home. But Texas' best non-conference win will either end up being against LSU on a neutral or UNC-Greensboro at home. They barely escaped against a bad Louisville team and the only two good teams they've actually played (UCONN and Marquette), they lose by double-digits...one of those a blowout.

It's early December and I'm certainly not saying Texas is in danger of missing the tournament....they have a helluva alot of talent. And they are going to have more than plenty of chances for Q-1/Q-2 wins in the Big 12, but they had better plan on playing better against the better teams on their schedule. And I'm not sold on their coach either. I've seen them play five or so games this year and something is a little off with them.

They showed a graphic that said Texas' strength of schedule was 172 or something like that.

Back