Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

Here's a hot take....according to the metrics (I used Kenpom, Bart Torvik, and Haslametrics)...Texas is pretty much a bubble team this year. And it has nothing to do with tonight....Marquette is going to roll a lot of teams at home. But Texas' best non-conference win will either end up being against LSU on a neutral or UNC-Greensboro at home. They barely escaped against a bad Louisville team and the only two good teams they've actually played (UCONN and Marquette), they lose by double-digits...one of those a blowout.

It's early December and I'm certainly not saying Texas is in danger of missing the tournament....they have a helluva alot of talent. And they are going to have more than plenty of chances for Q-1/Q-2 wins in the Big 12, but they had better plan on playing better against the better teams on their schedule. And I'm not sold on their coach either. I've seen them play five or so games this year and something is a little off with them.

Don't think you're that far off, I don't know about bubble but they look like a middle range Big 12 team this year. They have talent but not like they have in years past especially depth wise. i don't think Abmas is good enough to carry them to wins against good competition night in night out.

Gotta love Shaka Smart just destroying texass.

They had a national champ type coach for a minute in beard and then it all went to hell. Gotta love it.

Gotta love Shaka Smart just destroying texass.

They had a national champ type coach for a minute in beard and then it all went to hell. Gotta love it.

And Beard at Ole Miss is 8-0.:D

Yep, and all were previously unbeaten.

BYU, Miami, Colorado State all lost and were ranked ahead of OU. Should see OU move to around 15 this week.

Baylor is down 4 TDs to Michigan State at halftime. Mich State is 4-5

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

play this baylor game on a loop in the locker room. we better be ready from the jump in charlotte.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1736151467734487275[/TWEET]

6 got blown out. 8 lost, 9 is losing at halftime. 10 lost.

OU wins tonight they should be ranked in the top 7.

Non Big 12 related, but after watching UNC today vs. Kentucky, RJ Davis is their best player and scorer. Bacot will be tough on the inside as well, but he committed several really stupid moving screen fouls today....let's hope that continues. They also have a couple of guys who can hit 3s but they appear to be streaky. It will be a tough environment, but the game is not at the Dean Dome, so there really won't be any "familiarity" advantage.

Cincinnati is getting blown out by Dayton.

Non Big 12 related, but after watching UNC today vs. Kentucky, RJ Davis is their best player and scorer. Bacot will be tough on the inside as well, but he committed several really stupid moving screen fouls today....let's hope that continues. They also have a couple of guys who can hit 3s but they appear to be streaky. It will be a tough environment, but the game is not at the Dean Dome, so there really won't be any "familiarity" advantage.

Still going to be a tough challenge to win this game.

Back