Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

A big call going KU's way in the final minute at the Phog?
Totally shocking, lol
Yes, we witnessed history today as Kansas got a favorable call at the Phog late in the game :-(. I agreed with the announcers that the elbow was not flagrant, and it would have not been called if that game was played elsewhere. That call clearly decided the outcome.

Tech is leading by 7 with 9 minutes left in Austin.

Tech still leads by 6 with 3 minutes left but Texas is making it's run.

Tech up 10 with a bit over 2 minutes left.

Only road wins today so far are Tech and Baylor over Okie State. I guess Cincinnati could beat BYU.

I get Texas had to fire Beard but they really hurt their program long term because of it, they looked very undisciplined today and deserve this loss.

I didn’t think tech was good enough. Man, the Big12 is crazy good.

oswho is better than we thought/hoped early in the season.

Cincy took care of BYU by 9 in Provo tonight, and I'm happy about it. I was getting sick of all the love BYU was getting.

Cincy took care of BYU by 9 in Provo tonight, and I'm happy about it. I was getting sick of all the love BYU was getting.

byu’s knell was 9-13 from 3, and had half their points. coach sits him with 10 minutes to go in a close game. comes back with 4 minutes to go, cincy has pushed it to 10, and byu cannot score. amazing how many coaches lose to themselves.

Maybe but Baylor has not been that impressive in the games I've seen them in this year. But road games in this conference will be tough.

Really looking forward to Houston@ISU on Tue and then our game @TCU on Wed. These are the best 2 midweek games this week.

BYU's metrics are really good, but that is mostly because they've been destroying bad teams. I think they are a good team, but they are going to take some lumps this year because they simply have never encountered the defenses that they are going to face in this conference night in and night out. They will be tough at home because they can shoot the 3, but road games for them are going to be awakening if their 3s aren't falling. We only play them once (in Norman), but I expect them to be a middle tier type of team in this conference.

Maybe but Baylor has not been that impressive in the games I've seen them in this year. But road games in this conference will be tough.
Agreed. Baylor has great individual talent on offense, but they really don't choose to play defense all that often. And that is going to be their downfall unless they improve. They are still a solid tournament team, but I don't believe they are a threat to win this conference.

Two things I won't miss(among many others) when we are no longer in the conf- having to play 8vs 5 at the Phog, and then having to play the conference tournament at KU's second home in Kansas City. In a state, btw(Missouri) where there is no big 12 team

They just gave one last fight before self imploding. They have one ball handler , and 2 decemt scorers. Garrison Had a good game because of Baylor’s ball screen coverage. Most teams won’t play that way.

Back