Blake cleared for all basketball activities

boksooner

Reaction score
Griffin working out with no restrictions

The Los Angeles Clippers may not have won the NBA draft lottery for the second year in a row, but they are getting the No. 1 pick.

Last year's No. 1 overall pick, that is.

Blake Griffin, the Oklahoma star who missed all of his rookie season with a stress fracture in his left kneecap, has been fully cleared for all basketball activities.

"Right now Blake is working out with no restrictions, at full speed, 100 percent to the point where [strength coach] Rich Williams asked me to talk to Blake about dialing it back a little bit," Clippers general manager Neil Olshey said.

"He's working out in May like we were ready to tip off in October. The only guy I feel bad for is the first one of his teammates that shows up and wants to play one-on-one with him."

Olshey said that doctors have indicated Griffin's stress fracture was a "freak thing" that won't be a concern now that it's healed properly, and that his knee is actually feeling better than before because his tendonitis healed because of the extended layoff.

continued

I don't pay alot of attention to NBA but I cannot wait to see him play. Glad to hear the news, thanks for posting.

Now if he can only avoid the OU curse of being hurt AGAIN.

Since Griffin never played a game last year, will he still be considered a rookie next season and be eligible for the Rookie of the Year?

Since Griffin never played a game last year, will he still be considered a rookie next season and be eligible for the Rookie of the Year?

Yes. They commented on that during the playoff game last night.

There are no such things as curses. Sheesh. Come on, guys.

It's a jinx.

It's gonna be so exciting to watch Blake play next season. Geez how I hope the Clips find a clue and get him some gd help.

It's gonna be so exciting to watch Blake play next season. Geez how I hope the Clips find a clue and get him some gd help.

Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon, Baron Davis, Drew Gooden, Rasual Butler just to name a few. I think they're a fairly talented ball club when healthy.

Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon, Baron Davis, Drew Gooden, Rasual Butler just to name a few. I think they're a fairly talented ball club when healthy.

And whoever they draft this year.

Edit: Which according to Chad Ford might be Udoh...that would be a pretty nice pick IMHO.

Last edited:
What is the coaching situation with the Clippers? I seem to remember their coach being fired.

Back