Elite level talent

I don't think they drafted him expecting him to ever contribute meaningfully in games. He's a good kid, a hard worker, and he has a good body for what they do. He provides a good body to practice against, and could get some run at the end of the bench in an emergency. But most importantly, he is someone that will stay out of trouble, practice hard, and he is cheap. When his "salary" goes up, I doubt he'll have a job. Not a knock, just what I believe is the truth.

Do you spend a draft choice on a practice player? I don't think so. Draft choices (even second rounders) are among the most valuable things in the league.

The thing Taylor brings is a good variety of skill, both offensively and defensively, a good vertical plus an extremely strong and well conditioned body. What he lacks is a consistent shot.

There are guys drafted in the second round on defensive ability. Everyone is looking for a Bruce Bowen or a Sefalosa or a Najera. I think the Suns are hoping Taylor develops into a spot stopper.

They are not getting better as all around players or we wouldn't be in this situation. Sorry

Do you spend a draft choice on a practice player? I don't think so. Draft choices (even second rounders) are among the most valuable things in the league.

Is that why several of them a year are sold for cash? Cash going to teams that aren't even hurting for money?

Absolutely. I don't think Taylor is anywhere near good enough to play meaningful minutes in that league. Not big enough to play the 4, not skilled/quick enough to play the 3. As a 3 on offense, he can't shoot from long, and I don't think he has the ball handling skills to drive on most 3's. Offensively, at the 4, is probably where he makes the most sense.

BTW.....I actually had someone that follows the Suns alot more closely then I do that that is the main reason Taylor is on the team, and that once he costs more than the league min, he's probably gone.

He reminds me alot of Jared Dudley. Dudley might have had a better college career, but I think Taylor has a much more rounded game. The suns have turned Dudley into a solid contributor, one who has the highest 3 point percentage in the league. Not bad for a college center. Give Taylor a chance man.

Back