Is SoonerScoop credible?

I can say, without reservation, that Carey's not going to go on the record without permission and without good sources. I know this because I knew about Wegher transferring to OU before anyone else did (family connections), took it to Carey and he wouldn't run with it until he spoke to Wegher himself.

It looks as if Capel and Joe C. haven't been talking, and from everything I've ever heard about Joe C., that's abnormal.

I don't have a subscription and didn't realize that Carey wrote that. I agree that he is responsible, especially about things as serious as a coach's future. Thanks

cheers1S.jpg

Read the whole report. Basically, Capel has no idea about his future and he hasn't spoken to Joe C in quote some time. His sources say that there's been a big change in the last 48 hours and something could shake out -- one way or the other -- in KC this week.

Furthermore Emig just tweeted this

http://twitter.com/#!/GuerinEmig

On way to arena this a.m. still thought Capel would get 1 more yr. Got to arena, heard something from someone closer to Capel than Joe C. and immediately changed my mind. Consistent with what Murdock is reporting on @SoonerScoop. #Sooners

I would say Murdock is as credible as anybody else that runs a premium site. He's more credible than the guys who post on the basketball board (crimson court).

Now, those guys may have good info, but I can't say for sure because nothing has happened as they claim it will, but it very well could. If it does, I'll be the first to give it up to them Jim Trabor style.

Murdock/Josh M....they don't put out "rumors" without being able to back them up. This has legs IMO. Like my picture suggests, it's something we can drink to!

Murdock/Josh M....they don't put out "rumors" without being able to back them up. This has legs IMO. Like my picture suggests, it's something we can drink to!

if its billy g then drinks are on me

Murdock is a stooge. can't stand the guy. I really don't think he has any connections.

That said, I would be a little excited if this was true. I like capel and would support him having another year but i always find coaching searches interesting and exciting

This is from a Tech guy, Chris Level, on twitter.
@JLMcCuistion @SoonerScoop Capel told folks in Lubbock last week that Joe C wanted to talk to him after season. He didn't feel good about it

Well here we go... Gonna be an interesting week in KC!

Murdock is a stooge. can't stand the guy. I really don't think he has any connections.

That said, I would be a little excited if this was true. I like capel and would support him having another year but i always find coaching searches interesting and exciting

Who do you like? :ez-laugh:

I really like Capel but I we are overdue for some stability in this program whether it be him or someone else. One thing I know is, Joe C. can make an excellent hire so have solace in that.

I really like Capel but I we are overdue for some stability in this program whether it be him or someone else. One thing I know is, Joe C. can make an excellent hire so have solace in that.

That's what we thought last time.

I think Murdock and Josh do a pretty good job with what they report. This report was pretty vague and doesn't say much though...

Back