Is SoonerScoop credible?

I'm kinda numb to this...

I do want OU basketball back, but just because we bring someone else in doesnt mean it is going to happen...people on here get all excited thinking that just because Capel is booted means we will automatically be better...

Even with a new coach we could be looking at 1 or 2 yrs before we can even make it to the tourney...how patient will everyone be?

From Wikipedia:

Pastner has been praised for being a tireless recruiter as well as possessing a superior work ethic. He was born in Glen Dale, WV (Marshall County) in the state's northern panhandle. His hometown is Kingwood, in Houston, Texas.

Josh Pastner is the son of Hal Pastner, a local AAU, high school coach and basketball promoter in the Houston area.

I don't know much about Pastner, but there's some encouraging info there.

BRING BACK KELVIN!!!!!!

2004192657.jpg

I do want OU basketball back, but just because we bring someone else in doesnt mean it is going to happen...people on here get all excited thinking that just because Capel is booted means we will automatically be better...

Even with a new coach we could be looking at 1 or 2 yrs before we can even make it to the tourney...how patient will everyone be?

This! Another coaching change has the potential to bury this program for a decade.

Then again, it also has the potential to revive the program, so who really knows.

I understand the sentiment. But I think what hurts JC is the lack of a style. I don't see another year really changing that. You have to put something out there that's a staple for a program. This is where Capel has really failed the most.

There would be a mass exodus of the roster at Memphis if Pastner left.

This! Another coaching change has the potential to bury this program for a decade.

Then again, it also has the potential to revive the program, so who really knows.

I can see this argument. I can also see Capel staying here doing the same thing.

As long as he comes in, has a system (both O and D), recruits to that system, and gets the guys to play hard and to play good D, I'll give him a couple of years. He won't be able to bring anybody in this year, this late in the game. That is why I think it's important to hire somebody familiar with this part of the country. Maybe even somebody that has been out recruiting it for another school. One of the reasons BCG seems like a good idea. If anybody could turn it around quickly, it'd be him. He has the ties, and he'll preach D first.

As long as he comes in, has a system (both O and D), recruits to that system, and gets the guys to play hard and to play good D, I'll give him a couple of years. He won't be able to bring anybody in this year, this late in the game. That is why I think it's important to hire somebody familiar with this part of the country. Maybe even somebody that has been out recruiting it for another school. One of the reasons BCG seems like a good idea. If anybody could turn it around quickly, it'd be him. He has the ties, and he'll preach D first.

I'd also like the A&M philosophy (with BCG) he had his first couple of years by scheduling cream puffs to get some W's and build confidence...even though he wasnt able to make the tourney his first year he really had a winning attitude going through the program and that is what we need...

Back