Is SoonerScoop credible?

Will try to catch him this weekend in Vegas to give him the 411. Come up with a good offer and I will relay the message.

Come coach OU and he can have tea. Maybe even alcohol.

Money would be all I can think of. Pastner gets about $800K @ Memphis. He'd double his salary.

Yeah, I dunno.

Maybe to do with notoriety, Memphis isn't joining the Big East (or any other conference) in the near future...Pastner is an image guy, he wants the big time gig. However, if he came to OU, won for a few years, then he would bolt for another job quickly.

Will try to catch him this weekend in Vegas to give him the 411. Come up with a good offer and I will relay the message.

will do...

Just tell him he can have as many wives as he wants here in Norman...we can hook that up...

O yea, and he can have all the premarital sex he wants...

I wish it was possible...

I'm afraid at this point i wouldnt only be super excited if it was Kelvin or BCG...Maybe Tubby...

As much as I would love to have Kelvin back, that silly Show Cause penalty will keep OU from hiring him till after it expires Nov 2013. After the next guy fails for 3 years, we can bring Kelvin back in 2014.

Yeah, I dunno.

Maybe to do with notoriety, Memphis isn't joining the Big East (or any other conference) in the near future...Pastner is an image guy, he wants the big time gig. However, if he came to OU, won for a few years, then he would bolt for another job quickly.

I would take it.
Because it would mean we won for a few years.

And don't be so sure he would leave. We've managed to keep a couple of pretty good coaches around a good long time.

Pastner's name is gold in the Houston area and his experience on the bench with Lute Olsen is also interesting....Arizona pulled some serious talent out of SE Texas when Pastner was there.

I agree that he's probably too inexperienced as a HC to make me comfortable with the hire but I would not worry about recruiting or AAU connections any more.

Pastner's name is gold in the Houston area and his experience on the bench with Lute Olsen is also interesting....Arizona pulled some serious talent out of SE Texas when Pastner was there.
I agree that he's probably too inexperienced as a HC to make me comfortable with the hire but I would not worry about recruiting or AAU connections any more.

Nic Wise and Endi Ebi (even though he went pro).

images

Put me in the small boat that doesn't want OU to have anything to do with Sampson...

Now we're talking.

All you got to do is call him, Joe!

Back