Kiersten Johnson

Mac

Administrator
Reaction score
Class of 22 Kiersten Johnson 6’3 forward out of Duncanville high school in Texas is on an official visit at OU, if Johnson does commit I wonder if Abraham will still visit, with Beatrice and Landry already committed to OU… but it would be nice for us to have four players listed at 6’3… seems like it’s been a while since we’ve seen that on our roster.

A listing of her offers:
https://wbbblog.com/kiersten-johnson/

ASGR has her ranked as the #61 player in the 22 class.

Unless we are planning on some transfers…or Madi/Taylor has let us know they are not coming back for the extra Covid year we only have one more scholarship spot.

Last edited:
saw on another site, that Kirsten committed to OU on Wednesday and that gives us three commitments for 2022. If so, she sounds like a good player and she has some size. Apparently the 6'5 kid is coming in this week on an official. Man, if she commits that will give us three highly rated kids 6'3 or better in the 22 class. That would be one heck of a first class for Jennie. The point guard from NY sounds pretty good too. Hopefully, she decides for the good guys.

saw on another site, that Kirsten committed to OU on Wednesday and that gives us three commitments for 2022. If so, she sounds like a good player and she has some size. Apparently the 6'5 kid is coming in this week on an official. Man, if she commits that will give us three highly rated kids 6'3 or better in the 22 class. That would be one heck of a first class for Jennie. The point guard from NY sounds pretty good too. Hopefully, she decides for the good guys.

Which site did you see showing Johnson committing? I've looked everywhere and I'm not finding it. If she did commit that would be HUGE! Let's hope that's an accurate posting!

Yes hopefully Johnson has committed to OU, it’s possible she did since it doesn’t look like she took any official visits this past weekend, she has some good decent ball handling skills and shooting range for a 6’3 player, she might be able to play some small forward in college.

We do have to start trying to recruit to take Maddie’s place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do have to start trying to recruit to take Maddie’s place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we do, a Beatrice, Johnson, Allen front court would give us a lot of size up front and something I don’t think this OU team has ever seen.

Looks like Kiersten wants to create some interest in her commitment announcement…OU remains the last visit on her Twitter timeline

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kierstenjohnso/status/1452652668401430529?s=21[/tweet]

Coach JB Twitted 3 and counting two days after Johnson visited OU, and it also looks like she hasn’t been on any other official visits, makes since for her to be headed to OU.

Coach JB Twitted 3 and counting two days after Johnson visited OU, and it also looks like she hasn’t been on any other official visits, makes since for her to be headed to OU.

I was at the Norman Panera this morning and Jennie came in with her youngest daughter…I spoke briefly with her wishing her luck and that I was looking forward to the season. She was friendly and said we had a good group but we are small…and then she said we will get taller soon. I think that also points to a Johnson commitment.

I posted that Johnson committed. I got that off of the donor side of another OU site. Then I realized from the replies here that information wasn't public. I don't, and shouldn't, give out information provided on another site, particularly a donor site, and so I didn't say anything else about the Johnson situation.

Hopefully, Johnson commits as she looks like a very good player and she has some needed size (athletic size as well).

Excited to see what Coach Jennie puts on the court this year. It looks like she is recruiting non stop, so hopefully that pays dividends going forward.

Kiersten commitment announcement changed to Monday at noon

Jenny is rocking it, man. So refreshing. Hope begins to build again!

This is fantastic news! When was the last time we had two legit players 6'3" or taller in the same class like this? The Paris sisters back in '05, right? Depending on who chooses to play and stay next year we could be a very solid team! I think this year we're already better than we were last year and we will be a team nobody takes lightly come conference time, not even Baylor/UT. I wouldn't be that shocked if we took one off of each of those teams this season, based off of how quick and athletic we looked yesterday.

I like her. Still some room for adding strength and probably conditioning. One site showed her with offers from Texas and Mississippi State among other power 5 schools.

Looks like she can be an effective 4 on offense and certainly a 5 on D.

Another site showed her something like the #66 overall.

Guess all of the offers and recruiting are beginning to pay off.

Back