Losing faith in Capel

luckyc1423

Reaction score
I am loosing faith in capel....recruiting is only half the battle you have to coach these guys....the lineup we play I have no clue why...4 guard lineup and no fast break points....Capel has to get it together...We lost this game tonight because of his lack to develop depth...pledger should not be on the court right now because he cannot hit a shot and not that good on D....loosing all faith in this guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Loosing faith in Capel

We were down 10 in the half on the road.

Every other time this has happened this year the team has straight up given up, got to give Capel credit for fighting back.

We should have won tonight. The last few games we have finally shown we can be a good team before the year is over. I'm still not sure we make post season play but we are finally improving.

OU concedes game with 3:00 left to play

OU got the lead by driving the ball and shooting free throws. Jeff Capel told the players to stop doing that, drain the clock, and take a shot as time expired. That's exactly what they did. Game Over.

I don't see how the game tonight would make you lose faith in Capel.

I hate to be a dick, but it's L-O-S-I-N-G. I see people spell it with an extra "O" all the time and reading it is like nails on a chalkboard.

Did you realize Capel was coach when we reached the Elite 8 last year?

considering the progress we ve made as a team in the past 2-3 weeks the time for this kind of post makes me think you havent been watching OU bball till after the Sun Bowl.

I've been very critical of Capel this year....to the point where I was questioning his coaching ability and if he was a viable long-term answer, but I'm actually beginning to see some fight in this team. I didn't think that I would see it at all this year....especially on the road. Also, I didn't think that we would win 5 conference games judging from the way that we played in the non-conference. Tonight showed me something. We should've won this game tonight, but I'm actually encouraged....even in defeat.

You're losing faith at the wrong time. This team could have mailed it in at halftime. Instead they dug in and almost came away with an impressive win on the road. You don't quit or lose faith during the middle of the battle. You see things through. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Definitely my nod for dumbest post of the year. A team down by 10 on the road comes back to take a lead and have a lead in the final minute and you want to say that you are "loosing" faith in Capel. Well, loose all the faith you want.

I would like to see RayRay get some PT. Especially with Pledger struggling to hit shots. RayRay can give us some good looks defensively, if his effort is there.

I think I have made it clear that I would like to see some 2 post lineups with Fitz and Wright getting some more PT.

after any number of losses, i might understand. but after tonight? really? he was doing everything he could to stop A&M in the first half. 1-3-1, 1-2-2. dealing with ww and tiny having two fouls in the first five minutes. like grace said in the game thread, i think you have to question why capel had tmg on sloan at the end, but other than that...don't see how you can put this one on capel.

I'm actually gaining a little faith considering the progress made the last 10+ days. The team is now fighting and showing some promise.

I do agree on Pledge though. He seems to have completely lost his shot. When a guy shoots a wide open trey and misses everything..well...

I kind of like the thought of TMG, Cade, WW, Wright and Tiny on the floor. Let Croc sub for any of those five.

Re: OU concedes game with 3:00 left to play

OU got the lead by driving the ball and shooting free throws. Jeff Capel told the players to stop doing that, drain the clock, and take a shot as time expired. That's exactly what they did. Game Over.

Nonsense

And a nonsensical thread.

Re: OU concedes game with 3:00 left to play

If the refs didn't suddenly decide to swallow the whistle when we had the ball in the last 2+ minutes of the game we win.

If Pledger doesn't start squaring up he will not make very many the rest of the year. I can't believe he is shooting so poorly.

Back