Losing faith in Capel

Re: Loosing faith in Capel

Definitely my nod for dumbest post of the year. A team down by 10 on the road comes back to take a lead and have a lead in the final minute and you want to say that you are "loosing" faith in Capel. Well, loose all the faith you want.

Agreed.

And when even the title of the thread is misspelled it makes it difficult to take what is already a terrible post very seriously.

I would say lucky looses this argument.

Agreed. This is the wrong time to be losing faith - if you've seen where this team has come from, it's time to start gaining faith.

I think the team we saw after halftime gives us a glimmer of the team that they can be in the near future. Sure would have been nice to pick up a road win that was VERY attainable.

If Tiny brings effort and stays in the game, this is a different team.

If they hit a shot at the end of the game (Pledger who for some reason just DOESN'T have it right now, WW later who had been hot and sure looked like he got bumped, or TMG who was lights out but slips on the shot) then we're 3-1 in the conference with a road win.

Maybe if Tiny doesn't pick up a complete phantom call 2 minutes into the game.....

This team could have mailed it in at halftime. Instead they dug in and almost came away with an impressive win on the road.

True, but instead they lost doing the same things that got them in the hole.

If you give credit to them for fighting in half number 2, you have to question why we stunk in half number 1? Been a problem since day 1 under Capel, we ALWAYS start slow. And it sucks. And it's a big part of why we lost today. You cannot spot the home team a 10 point lead at the half and expect to win.

I'm not saying I agree with the original post entirely. I'm just wondering why this team is just now playing like we should have been playing from day 1. Or at least day 2. This should have been ground zero. The ceiling should have been higher.

There are some things to be optimisic about. TMG is going to be an All Big 12 performer at least once, if not twice during his career. Cade Davis, I really like the way he is playing of late. I still see alot of bad things. Tiny is a terrible defender. One of the worst I've seen. Pledger, Lord help me b/c I've been a huge fan, seems really, really slow to me. That won't cut it. I'm not worried about his shot, but his athleticism has to be in question right now, unless he is injured.

Glad we're playing better. Glad that part of the time we're doing things better. Still upset that we make some of the dumbest basketball moves I've ever seen.

Been a problem since day 1 under Capel, we ALWAYS start slow. And it sucks. .

We were up 20 to 11 on Baylor. Weren't we up big on Kansas last year early when Blake was hurt?

Sometimes we start slow like all teams sometimes do. It's not a problem specific to us.

With all due respect. I would answer some of your points, but you're one of the people who I was speaking of that thought we would lose by thirty. For the sake of the board I will not even go there with you. Just keep watching the games bud. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I think some of the slow start goes back to the officiating. They were calling EVERYTHING. I think our guys were afraid to touch anybody out there.

With all due respect. I would answer some of your points, but you're one of the people who I was speaking of that thought we would lose by thirty. For the sake of the board I will not even go there with you. Just keep watching the games bud. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I didn't think we'd lose by 30. Crazy.

Nice of you to come back around now that we're playing better. :clap

We were up 20 to 11 on Baylor. Weren't we up big on Kansas last year early when Blake was hurt?

Sometimes we start slow like all teams sometimes do. It's not a problem specific to us.

2 games in two years? Come on man.

We start slow more often then not. It's been our MO, and something that has been complained about by alot of folks, since that first year.

I hate to be a dick, but it's L-O-S-I-N-G. I see people spell it with an extra "O" all the time and reading it is like nails on a chalkboard.

I too had hoped the new decade would bring an end to this phenomenon.

I think some of the slow start goes back to the officiating. They were calling EVERYTHING. I think our guys were afraid to touch anybody out there.

We gotta learn to play through that. We have to learn to play good, smart defense. Right now we play hard defense, but we still don't play very smart. And that is part of Capel's job, to teach these kids what they should be thinking on the court. The good ones.....the great ones already know that stuff. The ones that have gotten by on talent alone may not. Coach needs to coach them on the mental aspect. I'm sure he is trying, it just hasn't worked yet.

2 games in two years? Come on man.

We start slow more often then not. It's been our MO, and something that has been complained about by alot of folks, since that first year.

Dude, you said always. In all caps.

We gotta learn to play through that. We have to learn to play good, smart defense. Right now we play hard defense, but we still don't play very smart. And that is part of Capel's job, to teach these kids what they should be thinking on the court. The good ones.....the great ones already know that stuff. The ones that have gotten by on talent alone may not. Coach needs to coach them on the mental aspect. I'm sure he is trying, it just hasn't worked yet.

Yeah well, we played good smart defense and got fouls called on us, what do you do then?

I'm always around tu. Trust me if I could stay on the OUHOOPS BOARD all day long I would. Nice try, but some of us have jobs and careers my friend. Like I said. For the sake of the board and the wonderful administration. I won't discuss your OPINION. That's all it is anyway bud. Goodnight. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll:

Yeah well, we played good smart defense and got fouls called on us, what do you do then?

That is an excuse. I'm not saying every foul called was good, but we don't play good defense. It might look good compared to where it was, but it isn't good. It's to about average right now.

I'm always around tu. Trust me if I could stay on the OUHOOPS BOARD all day long I would. Nice try, but some of us have jobs and careers my friend. Like I said. For the sake of the board and the wonderful administration. I won't discuss your OPINION. That's all it is anyway bud. Goodnight. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll:

Nah, you were gone during the darkest point of the season, and now you see a lil light. It's cool, we held the fort down for ya.

tu you're cracking me up--Faithful's one of the one's who has been pretty consistent with support of the team on the boards. sunshine pumping at times some may call it ;), but dude's been consistent.

I do have to admit the passive-aggressive posts from your corner are kinda funny though:ez-laugh:

It's ruined many a forum.

Who is we? Held what fort down? First of all I'm very touched that you missed me. I'm serious when I say that. Even though you and I don't agree on everything. You have a right to share your OPINION. Like I said don't let it go to your head because that's all it is. However, your concern for my well being really lets me know that you care for your fellow man. That's good to know tu. I thought that after all this time you were bitter at me, but I'm glad to know that you're not. You keep watching the SOONERS. They're really not as bad as you think. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll::clap

Back